Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Everyone,

Well, since I haven't seen anybody starting rumors or leaking info about the upcoming Lionel 2020 Vol. 1 catalog, I figured I may as well get the pot stirred.

I haven't seen the catalog yet, but yesterday I did see some of the item lists/price sheets. I did not pay to much attention to the traditional items or Christmas items.(but I did notice a traditional set with "warp drive":) for you Trekkies. The list did not say what the set consisted of).

As far as the scale sized and scale PRICED stuff, there are Vision Line hybrid GS-4's coming out the wazoo in many schemes including a Chessie Steam Special(huh ?). MSRP of the hybrids looked to be $1999. The Freedom Train GS-4 and T-1 steamers are also being offered again along with 2 new 2 packs of Freedom Train passenger cars. The list didn't say which cars they would be. There are also various auxiliary tenders including a Freedom Train one. There is also a Preamble Express listed for either $799 or $899, can't remember which. No list details, but I hope it would be the E8/9 with the four passenger cars all in the Preamble paint scheme. Also saw some SD40's and the 3 packs of the sound car reefers of box cars. Too much to remember-I believe the catalog is about 240 pages long. Maybe a couple of you know of some other top secret stuff coming up next week.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
There is a hybrid but its not the streamlined GS's. Someone else will have to leak that info. Its an engine that has never been done in 3 Rail and maybe not even in two rail O scale. It has been done in HO as I have one.

Pete

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoops, my eyes & brain aren't in sync Pete:D

·
Registered
95 Posts
There is a hybrid but its not the streamlined GS's. Someone else will have to leak that info. Its an engine that has never been done in 3 Rail and maybe not even in two rail O scale. It has been done in HO as I have one.

Pete
Other forum said the GS2-GS6 offerings were brass hybrid. Good to know they are diecast, which is silly. The market is flooded with diecast scale 3 rail GS2-GS6s from MTH and Lionel. Can pick them up all day long for $400-600. Why pay $1400 extra for smoke to shoot out when the whistle is blown?

So the only brass hybrid is the GS1? I've wanted one for years but at $2K+ it's way out of my price range.

·
Admin
43,219 Posts
I've been chuckling about all the threads speculating what's in the catalog. :) If I really wanted to know, I'd go up to the store and check it out. I can wait until I get my copy, it's not like I'll get anything that's in the catalog for months or years anyway! :D

·
Registered
509 Posts
I've been chuckling about all the threads speculating what's in the catalog. :) If I really wanted to know, I'd go up to the store and check it out. I can wait until I get my copy, it's not like I'll get anything that's in the catalog for months or years anyway! :D
no, no, no.... you need to buy within the first month and tire of it by end of 2020... so some of us can buy old, discarded items as 2021 catalog will be coming out by then!!!!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
From what I have seen leaked ( will the FBI investigate ) on another forum my CC will be safe. I really need to cut back on the new stuff anyways, ( I say that for every catalog).

Bill

·
Admin
43,219 Posts
no, no, no.... you need to buy within the first month and tire of it by end of 2020... so some of us can buy old, discarded items as 2021 catalog will be coming out by then!!!!!! :laugh:
We won't get anything in the catalog until 2021, so I won't be tired of the stuff by then. :p:p

·
Registered
156 Posts
A rumored Star Trek set will undoubtedly come home with me and any other ST item that gets produced as long as it's not done incorrectly. It's hard to mix a space show with trains but if they can pull off something decent I'll bite.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I just stopped by a LHS and picked one up. If there's something your looking for, let me know and I'll see if it's in there. Visionline Baggage cars for $350 :eek:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Offerings seem fewer in the Legacy section although I'd have to go back and look at old catalogs to be sure.

This catalog is 242 pages. The first 45 pages are Visionline. Then Legacy, and scale rolling stock are the next 40. Those 40 pages are all I'm really interested in (actually more like 30 pages since I'm not a steam guy). The rest of the catalog is LC+2.0, branded stuff, etc.

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
I just stopped by a LHS and picked one up. If there's something your looking for, let me know and I'll see if it's in there. Visionline Baggage cars for $350 :eek:
WOW, seems pricey for a baggage car. Maybe some little dude throws out the luggage.

Bill

·
Registered
428 Posts
Scale Rolling Stock. Note the "standard O" rolling stock at the end: scale in size but simplified in detail.

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
That's pretty much the whole catalog for me. I'll be getting those Frisco E8's, the Manufacturers Railway beer cars, Frisco Milk car, and MKT standard O gondolas. But only after they arrive at dealers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts