Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been given a Lionel 2035. It doesn't look like it had a headlight. Did lionel make one without the headlight?

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
They all had a headlight. You can get a smokebox front for these, no problem. Jeff Kane at ttender.com com is a good source. Check out the rest of the engine to make sure you don’t need anything else.

Pete

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the website. I will definitely check it out once I get it.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
The part number is 675-32 for the front. That should come with marker jewels and a headlight lens but ask Jeff to make sure. He is very responsive to emails.

Pete

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,983 Posts
Hi, welcome to the site.
You should post a picture of the front, you may be missing more but we can't see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Ed, Thank you. I will post one once I have it in my possession tomorrow. A friend's dad is going through his storage and came across a box full of trains. I'm not sure what all he has, but that picture is the only one he sent me.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,983 Posts
Big Ed, Thank you. I will post one once I have it in my possession tomorrow. A friend's dad is going through his storage and came across a box full of trains. I'm not sure what all he has, but that picture is the only one he sent me.

Take the whole box. :)(y)

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
I have a 2035. Lots of fun. Mine has a short, but I haven’t bothered to fix it because I run modern stuff these days. Before you go buying parts, I would clean and lube the loco and make sure it runs well.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Edit: I confused rrswede"'s pic with the OP's. It does seem like the headlight is broken off in the fooldancing's original pic..

Your boiler front seems to be intact including the headlight. Here's the link to Olsen's for the complete 2035 Service Manual. Page 2 of the manual shows the configuration of headlight fixtured. The boiler front should "pop-off". Perhaps you just need a new bulb.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Just going by the pic, I think there is something seriously wrong with the way that loco sits...and it looks like somebody took hacksaw to it!

·
Registered
300 Posts
The slot behind the smoke stack isn't a hacksaw cut. That's for the lever that locks the loco direction.
Take another close look at the slot right behind the smoke stack in the photo previously sent. Does it look like what you are describing as a hacksaw cut? Then take a look at http://www.olsenstoy.com/cd/locos/loc2035c.pdf. Look at the two photos of the motor, left side view and right side view. The lever sticking up in each photo is part of the "E" unit which is designed to control forward, neutral and reverse power to the locomotive. As Lehigh indicated, that lever should be present in your locomotive and is used to "lock" the locomotive in the forward, neutral or reverse position.

swede

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you everyone for your advice and responses. I will have the loco in my possession this evening. I will take more pictures of it, plus the rest of the items that are in the box.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
So, everybody going on about the slot for the E-unit lever, what happened to the bottom edge of the pilot? Just wore down from use?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
In answer to my question, no it didn't wear down. The body isn't sitting on the chassis properly so I'm guessing some genius decided it was a good fix to cut the bottom of the pilot off so it wouldn't short on the centre rail.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will post more pictures once I have it in my possession. I will take multiple angles and the undercarriage.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts