1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found out this morning not to spray the clear to soon, the cream lifted up, looking like I used paint remover. I was able to clean the mess and redo.
I cleaned everything and cleared the brass plate and then sprayed the cream. All looks good now.
I did dry everything in the heated crock pot oven.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,526 Posts
Found out this morning not to spray the clear to soon, the cream lifted up, looking like I used paint remover. I was able to clean the mess and redo.
I cleaned everything and cleared the brass plate and then sprayed the cream. All looks good now.
That sucks.
I know the feeling you felt.

The same brand as the paint?
Some different brand names are not compatible.

Some bake their paint on, in the summer I let the sun bake it on while sitting in my bay window.

What paint did you use?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use Collector Color paint from Hennings Trains.(Enamel)
I use krylon for the red inserts and krylon clear to coat after I put the decals on.
I know that krylon is lacquer.
I have not had a problem with the clear on any of the Hennings paint till this incident.

I do bake everything to dry it.
Also I reduce the Collector Color paint with lacquer thinner. Only good for metal parts, no good for plastic.

·
Hobo for Life
5,953 Posts
Looking great so far. The paint thing happens. Sometimes its best to wait 3 days to recoat. Depends on the paint. And what Big ed said also. Ive screwed up plenty of stuff in the past the same way. Something about its almost done! And the waiting! It will end up great in the end. ( just dont ever try chrome, thanks ed for the link and reminder!)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Beautiful work. Saw you used Collector Paints from Henning's. Have you had a fair amount air brush experience? What equipment? Have never taken the leap from rattle cans but recent posts about equipment have me on the edge.

swede

1 - 20 of 40 Posts