Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the fiber/wiring that slides into the headlight of a 253 or 254 headlight. Looks like a fiber board with the wire slides into the headlight and the bulb screws into it to tighten it. A source would help.

Thanks John

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I presume you have a cast headlight. I think your looking for the slide in contacts on a fiberboard carrier. The pic is from Trainz.com.

Headlight.png

·
Yard Master & Research
10,636 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Would give Jeff Kane a call at TTender mention your looking for a Headlight T shape contact fiberboard for a 253 electric he has very good prices knows Lionel pre and postwar trains in and out and ships very fast.
PS - there is also a small chrome looking bracket that goes over that horizontal end of the T shaped Fiberboard as it secures it from falling straight down and out unless yours is still attached then no need for one.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have bought from Jeff.Great guy to deal with, I will be ordering parts from him this week.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
PS - there is also a small chrome looking bracket that goes over that horizontal end of the T shaped Fiberboard as it secures it from falling straight down and out unless yours is still attached then no need for one.
Is that "chrome looking bracket" ubiquitous for cast headlights?

My 248 prewar electric didn't come with one ( a recent eBay purchase and untested). But to me, its "T" fiberboard seems pretty snug when inserted into the cast headlight.

Sans bracket, do the contacts wander out after extended run time?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Is that "chrome looking bracket" ubiquitous for cast headlights?

My 248 prewar electric didn't come with one ( a recent eBay purchase and untested). But to me, its "T" fiberboard seems pretty snug when inserted into the cast headlight assembly

Sans bracket, do the contacts wander out after extended run time?
Same here no bracket on 248 there is no hole for it and does not use T fiberboard instead connecting wire goes thru hole in shell and is affixed on back of strap headlight assembly.
The T fiberboard on all of ours listed below fit rather tight, my best guess for Lionel back then securing it with a bracket is if it does work loose and falls out it may cause a short .

Our 251e, 252, 253, and 254 all cast headlights use T fiberboards and have the chrome type bracket held on by 1 screw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts