Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was supposed to be the unveiling of my 1935 LIONEL COMMODORE VANDERBILT. robin bought it for me for Christmas. motor was frozen solid, paint came off at the touch of a finger tip. not worth the money we paid for it, sent it back for a full refund. its relisted on ebay and still no mention of the frozen motor. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS GUY !!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LIONEL-PRE...303274&hash=item1f08238d87:g:3M4AAOSwWk1d7Ewn

·
Registered
683 Posts
NICE GIFT

First off what a great Christmas gift from your wife. To bad about the condition of the Lionel Commodore V. engine. It probably would have been a decent runner if it was not frozen up beyond repair. I have used Tandem Associates for several years as an information source guide for Lionel Postwar offerings. I have collected over the years about a dozen or so of the 6111 style of flatcars. The condition of these cars ranges from pristine to rust bucket. The rust buckets will be refurbished at a later date. Great idea using the dowels for a load. I have come across some very thin wall tubing from an old floor lamp that I plan to modify to resemble a real metal pipe load. Hmm $4 & change. Even the MPC Era cars included with the 6111 are worth that individually.

LATER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts