Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the 6-81101 Polar Express 10th Anniversary Set. I purchased one Dec 2016 and then Hurricane Harvey took it from us along with all of our other trains... I would really like to find another one for my son but the one I found is the full retail price. As of today we still don't have a home and are living in a camper but I just want to see the joy in my son and daughters eyes again. Thank you for any help you provide...

P

·
0 Posts
First, welcome to the MTF. Hopefully, the sun will soon shine brightly on you and your family.

There is a set now on eBay for $ 338.99. Here is the reference number:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so also but when I contacted the seller it is the new model. For some reason when you look it up on google it comes up but when you look close it the new one with Bluetooth... Really upset me cause I thought I found it. I had to just bite the bullet and buy the one from Western Depot in CA. They would not work with me on the price though. Its all good I just want to see my little ones with that great huge smile. Thank you for the Welcome... I have loved trains since I was little and started collecting the again for my son but Harvey had better plans and we had no flood insurance so we lost everything.

P

·
0 Posts
Happy that you found the set. Keep your chin up, you have a lot of nice folks here that will add encouragement for you.

And, a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you don't need it by Christmas, just wait until the end of January when the model train craziness winds down and people forget all about trains and Christmas. You are looking at the worst possible time.

Start checking eBay after the holidays.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts