Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently picked up a Lionel AF gp 20 on ebay and decided to go with Lionel fast track for the layout. I am finding it quite hard to snap this track together and I'm wondering if anyone who is using this track has kad the same problem. Can't seem to find any complaints about the track anywhere else. Any info would be appreciated. JOE

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum.. I have no knowledge about Lionel Fast-track but have heard some complaints about it..I would have gone with original flyer track with rubber road-bed or GarGraves track.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
When I snap my FasTrack together I turn track upside down. Then you can see what you are doing. If you just push pieces together you can damage the connectors. Once it is together FasTrak works great.
I did not say it was easy.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome and the reply. I thought I was the only one with this issue. And your right, the track does seem to work very well. And it looks pretty good too. Joe

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flyernut, my original attempt was with the old pikemaster track because it was cheap compared to other track. Well buy cheap get cheap so I went with the fastrack. Lesson learned. Joe

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forum.. I have no knowledge about Lionel Fast-track but have heard some complaints about it..I would have gone with original flyer track with rubber road-bed or GarGraves track.
I sent you a PM awhile ago.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
flyernut, PMs are now called conversations, look in conversations.
Click on those 5 bars to the left of your logo in upper right.
You will see conversations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you came back Wit that mo-pac. Was going crazy trying to find personal messages. Anyway, on the original topic, track is set up and seems to work very good. Joe

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Glad it works for you Joe. I do not have a layout. I usually use regular Gilbert track when I set up
on the floor. On my planned layout I want a figure 8. Gilbert only made a 90 degree crossover. I
wanted a 45 degree. Only Fastrack makes a 45. Thats why I have some Fastrack.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Like Mopac said, you need to be careful with the connectors. Of course the one piece I really have trouble with is the powered section. I need to pull the connectors apart in order to get the male section to snap in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts