Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Lionel DT&I Command Control Crane and Legacy Sounds Boom Car at the local train show this past weekend. Grzyboski Trains was blowing them out and I couldn't pass up the deal it was so good. What an amazing piece of engineering on Lionel's part. It's by far the coolest piece of rolling stock I've ever purchased. I spent the entire second day of the train show just running the crane for the visitors that were viewing the club layout. It's a blast, even after having operated a real one at work... :D

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Great video. I had a chance to try one out. It's definitely a blast.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Cool video. It is a nice set with the matching crane tender. I have the PRR version in TMCC and it is really a work of art. The only problem is that there doesn't seem to be a matching tender for the PRR crane.

I like the DT&I colors. Your poor cat seems either nervous or interested in the miniature machinery running in his house!

Tom

W

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the video Jake. I picked up the same rig from Grzyboski's as well. Nice to see it in motion.

Regards,

Gary.

p.s.: Will the big hook pick up the cat?! :)

P

·
0 Posts
Fun accessory, one of the best out of Lionel. Thanks for the video, Jake.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!

My girlfriend and I actually have three cats and they tend to be a bit more active around bedtime as they know they get a little snack before bed. They aren't train fanatics like some cats I've seen, but they're pretty tolerant.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice Video. I purchased a CP Rail crane car and work caboose several years ago and just today managed to get it up and running. Very cool accessory. Now I have to figure out what to do with it. I want to incorporate it into my layout but not sure just how.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I asked a question on another forum about what other people do with theres. Many came up with creative rigging ideas to move trackside loads around. Many of these cranes I believe spent much of their lifetime sitting outside the local roundhouse. I know I've seen a photo of the one I occasionally help run at work when it was still owned by the railroad and it was sitting outside of a roundhouse parked with a railroad snowplow, also waiting for its next job.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts