Model Train Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me identify a good way to trigger track-side signals (lighted crossing bucks, crossing gates, semaphores, etc.) when using Lionel Fastrack? The solutions offered by Lionel are expensive. I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a way to trigger them in a way similar to that used in the old days with Lionel tubular track? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

·
Admin
45,928 Posts
Sure, you can make your own insulated track to trigger them very easily. If you want a few feet of trigger track, just remove the crossbars under each piece of Fastrack, then at the start and end of your run, use a Dremel to cut the signal rail. You have insulated track sections of your choice of length for the price of standard Fastrack.

·
Hobo for Life
6,243 Posts
I actually skipped through it, so didn't watch it:) it had all the relevant stuff, in the way I like it, in picture form!

·
Registered
92 Posts
The video is a just a bit easier than this method, but, I like this because I also use this piece to take advantage of the various clips and contacts I have acquired over the years to activate my action cars and accessories. (A lot of the purists don't use Fastrack; I'm not a purist and just like to see trains move around and action going on.)

http://users.cwnet.com/mymoo440/FT38_all/38_FT_1.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts