Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a great accessory the Lionel Hobby shop. It has lights which are wired via the left hydrant. The second feature is that the model trains in the store move around tracks. This function basically operates off an on-off switch attached to the right rear hydrant. My problem is that the lights work but I can't get the trains to run. Has anyone else experienced this or can offer advice? Thanks, Paul

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I believe there are two versions of this but both rely on rubber wheels and belts to drive the animations. The belts break and the friction wheels age and begin to slip. You will have to open it up to see what the problem is.

Pete

T

·
0 Posts
It could be the synchronous motor. The gears inside are frequently plastic and prone to break if there is a jam of any kind. Sometimes the "mini trains" get snagged and stop. When that happens, the motor keep trying to spin and the gears break very easily. You can get replacements cheap on eBay from china. Make sure you order an exact match including the drive connection. While you're at it, order 2 and find the Snag before you change the motor or you'll just break the new one too.

Emile

View attachment 487086

View attachment 487088

1 - 4 of 4 Posts