Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am relatively new to fixing trains. I have a Lionel 2031 that I recently purchased. The previous owner apparently tried to rewire the e-unit and relay horn but did not follow the wiring diagram. He did okay on the e-unit but not so good on the horn relay. I need to purchase some wiring - specifically the wire that goes between the e-unit and the horn relay. What wire should I buy?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Bob

·
Moderator Torpedo Emeritus
3,016 Posts
Most people use 22 ga. Super flex wire, found from most suppliers. Do a Google search, to find dealers who sell it. One that comes to mind is Henning’s Trains, and the carry different colors.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Not a lot of movement inside the diesel from one component to another. Most any scrap of wire will do. Solid wire was used by Lionel in many instances like that.

That's different than say a wire from a truck roller where the truck swivels on curves. There would be a need for flexible wire.

PM me with your address. I can send several 8"+ lengths in a first class envelope. Solid core with cloth covering ala older Lionel, or, PVC/plastic insulation. Take your pick - I'm not sure what's inside the postwar diesel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I located some 22 Super Flex wire.

Thanks for the offer to send me wire but already ordered it before seeing your post. I'll be more patient next time! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts