Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Yes, they did one called the "Victorian Christmas" LionChief set in 2014. Item #6-81280 click here
Also the 2015 ALBERT HALL LIONCHIEF 4-6-0 EUROPEAN PASSENGER SET (LOCO #4983) Item# 6-81279.

and the 2008 SHAKESPEARE EXPRESS "KINLET HALL" PASSENGER SET (CONVENTIONAL 4-6-0 LOCOMOTIVE #4936) Item# 6-30084.

Emile

T

·
0 Posts
The Hogwarts Express is a nice set but I would love to see a scale version from Lionel. It worked for the Polar Express.

Emile

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
The Hogwarts Express is a nice set but I would love to see a scale version from Lionel. It worked for the Polar Express.

Emile
It is quite possible I am wrong about this, Emile, but I think that loco is actually scale. I had two for a while and I remember checking and they measured right at scale. It is a British Hall class, and they were tiny compared to US locos with the same wheel count. I would have kept them if they had better (larger motors).

In addition to the locos mentioned above, Lionel also offered that basic loco as a Halloween train, which had "spooky sounds" instead of the usual. You can still find them, as I did, for sale at ridiculously low prices by retailers that have had them on the shelf for a decade or so and would just like to get rid of them.

They have small motors and I retired mine sometime back. ot sure where they are now.

T

·
0 Posts
It is quite possible I am wrong about this, Emile, but I think that loco is actually scale. I had two for a while and I remember checking and they measured right at scale. It is a British Hall class, and they were tiny compared to US locos with the same wheel count.
That's very good to know! MTH makes scale versions of the correct (or close enough) passenger cars. A little paint and you've got a scale Hogwarts Express. I think I just took on a new project. Thanks Lee.

Emile

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That's very good to know! MTH makes scale versions of the correct (or close enough) passenger cars. A little paint and you've got a scale Hogwarts Express. I think I just took on a new project. Thanks Lee.

Emile
Just find some of these 1/48 MTH LMS Coaches Emile... this is my scale Hogwarts Express setup... The loco is indeed very close to scale.

T

·
0 Posts
Just find some of these 1/48 MTH LMS Coaches Emile... this is my scale Hogwarts Express setup... The loco is indeed very close to scale.
Nice video Trey! Your HE looks great. I'll be looking for some MTH LMS coaches at York.

Emile

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Nice video Trey! Your HE looks great. I'll be looking for some MTH LMS coaches at York.

Emile
Thank you sir. I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya while I'm there too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts