Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning lads.

I have no use for these stamps that came with the Marx O gage Tank Car. (which by the way I will more than likely be selling also due to the fact I have nothing that is Marx. Thought I would offer it here before setting it up on Ebay. I have no Idea the worth of the stamps, however the vials of liquid (probably ink) look brand new but are so old the oil and ink have separated and shaking rigorously has no effect in trying to mix it once again :rolleyes: it does come with a lot of cloth and what looks like a roller and popsicle sticks. It would also appear that they have never been used other than to mark the tops of the stamps for identification. I say this as all of them came in individual clear bags with a staple in each one.

Anyway lads, This is a pic of all of the stamps. the longest is about 4 or 5 inches. I will be leaving for Europe on business this weekend and will be gone for two weeks. I will be keeping in touch with this forum while there and when I get back I will have decided what other items would be for sale in the mess of things I have. ;):p I have also posted a pic of the Mark Oil Tanker at this link regarding identification.

Thanks again to T-man for the ID.

Jonesy

http://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?p=87473#post87473

You will have to tell me the value of these and make an offer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry John .. I will research what this is worth and get a price on it ..Sorry to have missed that one. Was just looking at other sales info on the site.

Bear with me as it was never intended to be an auction at all. I just dont know the value or an interest. As far as I know this could have been one mans one off personal stamp set he had customized for his layout.

I did however read that we should offer things to people here on the site before offering it to the world at large. Just wanting to contribute mate... nothing more.

Thanks for letting me know and pointing out my ignorance to the rules.

Jonesy

·
Admin
44,016 Posts
I don't have any idea of the value either or I'd have offered an opinion. :)

Are those specific stamps, or is there a general "construction set" to make any number? I'm guessing that specific stamps for a few names won't be that desirable to most.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope .. no kit.. just these specific stamps as pictured. This is why I have no idea as to the "value" or even desire or need for them.

Thanks for the info Mate,

Jonesy

·
16,666 Posts
Jonesy,

You inadvertently had TWO "Lionel Stamps" thread going. I attempted to merge them into one (which I did), but somehow in the process, I lost your photo of the stamps that you had posted. I'M SO SORRY. I'm trying, but I can't find my way back to that photo to reload it.

Can you please reload the photo?

Again, I'm really sorry here ...

TJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts