Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LC Thomas the Tank loco states a minimum O31 curve. Does anyone know if it can be happy on O27?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
The original sets that the Thomas locomotive came with date back to the 1990's and came with O-27 tubular track, so I'd find it hard to believe that the modern ones wouldn't work on it. O-31 is currently the tightest curve Lionel makes in the Fastrack line since they dumped tubular a few years back, so they've probably just quit using the O-27 term.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
The original sets that the Thomas locomotive came with date back to the 1990's and came with O-27 tubular track, so I'd find it hard to believe that the modern ones wouldn't work on it. O-31 is currently the tightest curve Lionel makes in the Fastrack line since they dumped tubular a few years back, so they've probably just quit using the O-27 term.
The catalog mentions "Minimum Curve O-27" for several sets (Pg 8, 10, & 104), 0-6-0 switchers (pg 90) and some O freight cars (pg 82, ...) and the Thomas add-on freight cars. So they're consciously using the O-27 designation.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
The catalog mentions "Minimum Curve O-27" for several sets (Pg 8, 10, & 104), 0-6-0 switchers (pg 90) and some O freight cars (pg 82, ...) and the Thomas add-on freight cars. So they're consciously using the O-27 designation.
Thanks for clarifying, that statement was an assumption on my part. I'd still find it hard to believe that the same basic locomotive wouldn't run on O-27 track, although it probably does run a lot better on O-31+.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts