Mr Pete

Please tell up more about the ""space ship""

thanks

MrToad

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Mr Toad.....the space ship is a model from the 1953 movie “War of the Worlds”. Pegusus models makes the 1/48 scale saucer you see in my pic. I added Evan lights to the model for the death ray and the green glow.

Heres a video short of my layout I posted awhile back.

-Pete

·
Registered
134 Posts
Pete: great video. I think an Oscar is in your future for special effects.

How does the Trackmobile run under command control? I don't think it has speed control, so is it smooth? Lionel first released varieties some years back.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Paul.....it runs as you would expect slow and steady. Speed is controlled from the Cab 2 red knob. Blinking lights on roof and dual electro couplers are also controlled through the Cab2.

Overall I like it.

-Pete

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
It sure climbs a heck of a grade.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Very nice, but those little critters are a bit pricey. ....
Amen to that!!! These little gems win the prize for "cuteness", but they don't even make the short-list for good price/performance. I got a small package in the mail a couple of weeks ago from Charlie Ro, and two of these little buggers were in it. I could toss the box like a baseball -- it was so small and light. Then I realized my credit card had just taken a $600 hit. So I treated the contents gently.

We're DEFINITELY paying a premium for these little guys, but I got two roadnames which remind me of my teen years in the Lehigh Valley: Bethlehem Steel, and PP&L.

Sometimes nostalgia has its price. And I'd be the first to agree these are no bargain...

Trackmobile_BethSteel12A.jpg

Trackmobile_PPL16A.jpg

Trackmobile_PPL16B.jpg

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,889 Posts
Pete, did it come with an Alien driver?
That is a great looking piece of equipment for your Alien layout.

Thanks Rocky, you just had to show the Bethlehem Steel.
I have a bunch of Bethlehem Steel trains, looks like I have to get another now. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 16 of 16 Posts