Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have three lionel train pieces from 1939 with two of their original boxes and I put them up on ebay for sale, but I only got watchers... is anyone or does anyone know someone who is or may be interested in them? if you would like pictures just let me know and I'll post them..

thanks

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
i have three lionel train pieces from 1939 with two of their original boxes and i put them up on ebay for sale, but i only got watchers... Is anyone or does anyone know someone who is or may be interested in them? If you would like pictures just let me know and i'll post them..

Thanks

yes please post some pictures,or a description would help too, something anything.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are three trains and two of the orginal boxes, the boxes are a little beat up and have tape on them but they are still in pretty good condition from 1939.

1.The yellow gasoline train is in very good condtion the only thing is the bottom has a little rust other than that nothing is wrong with it

2. The bright red one is in very good condition as well and the same thing with the last one is the same thing wrong with this one, just a little rust but its from 1939 so it's in great condition otherwise!

3. The smaller Dark red one is the same thing as the two other trains, they are all in good condition besides a little rust on the bottom of them, but nothing serious!

***i can't figure out how to post the picture, but my boyfriend knows how to do it cause he is always on these types of forums, so when he gets home i'll have him do that.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,684 Posts
Wow, you know they are from 1939? One must be a tank car. Dark and bright red? I am guess Baby Ruth as the dark and a caboose as the red. It would be nice if they are 600 series passenger cars. Well, we can dream:)

I read the box Oct 1939,

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
pictures have been added to the original post!

No pictures are here?:confused:

Hit the paper clip up top on the post box. ( when you are replying back you will see it. )
That's the attachment button.
Put the pics in your documents.
Then when you hit the attach (paper clip)
click browse.
then go to your documents and click on the picture.
then click open that attaches it.
then hit submit then after it submits you can put in a description.
then you got to hit process.
and then wala...your picture appears.:D

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
No pictures are here?:confused:
Look again, hehehe :D

So, those look like some nice cars OP! From the pictures the paint appears to be pretty good, although you said there was some rust... The 2654 Shell tanker has sold for up to $50 on eBay when in excellent condition... On a good day, it seems that the 2657 caboose (a more common car) would be able to sell for $30 when in great condition... With the 2652 gondola (hard second "o" ;)), you might be able to get $30, maybe even $40...

These prices are simply based of recent eBay sales and a couple other train stores online... You do have the box for a couple of them, so that is a plus and may net you more... On the other hand, from that picture I can not tell if the paint is chipped at all, and you said there was rust so that will hurt the value...

·
Yard Master & Research
10,684 Posts
Boxes

I was curious about the 2235w box.
This belongs to a whistle tender, black plastic with a whistle that is paired with a 225 and 225E steam engines, black, with a cast boilers. They were offered in he 39, 40 era. However I cannot find a set with those three cars. I find the tank and cabboose and a box or the gondola and dump cars. THose three cars were together with a Vanderbuilt engine in the 39 and 40 catalogs.
My question is, do you have the engines?
At least verify the box with a number 225

How did you describe them? I cannot find them.:dunno:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I have three lionel train pieces from 1939 with two of their original boxes and I put them up on ebay for sale, but I only got watchers...
"watchers only" is totaly fine. think about it, you are a bidder who wants an item and there are 3 more days to go. why would you bid? it will not get you closer to winning, someone else will beat you so why bother? just for the fun of it? pointless.
instead put it in watch list and recieve notification 4 hours before auction closes. if it is still within your desired price range good, now you have a chance of landing it.

when selling at a times you will get lucky if some folks start bidding war on your item. but usually the most action will happen during last minutes of acuction. i personnaly give my best price 10 seconds before the end. if i win, good, if not, well, i wouldn't want to pay more for the item anyways.

you have nice stuff, little patience :)

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
Look again, hehehe :D

So, those look like some nice cars OP! From the pictures the paint appears to be pretty good, although you said there was some rust... The 2654 Shell tanker has sold for up to $50 on eBay when in excellent condition... On a good day, it seems that the 2657 caboose (a more common car) would be able to sell for $30 when in great condition... With the 2652 gondola (hard second "o" ;)), you might be able to get $30, maybe even $40...

These prices are simply based of recent eBay sales and a couple other train stores online... You do have the box for a couple of them, so that is a plus and may net you more... On the other hand, from that picture I can not tell if the paint is chipped at all, and you said there was rust so that will hurt the value...

They were not there when I posted back to her.:D
Only trying to help her a little. Plus I love pictures.
They look in good shape.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The trains are still for sell, i dont understand where you saw they sold sunday night, because they didn't i'm trying to sell them still that's why i posted this information and got on this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where would the numbers be on the box? I only see number 227loco, 227-103 on the one box and on the other box i only see a number 2235w

·
Yard Master & Research
10,684 Posts
So your brown box belongs to a 0-6-0 swithcher steam engine number 227. The engine doesn't go with the tender. So maybe all the items were bought separately.

The boxes are interesting but I don't collect them.That is all I can tell you about them.
Good Luck on the sell.

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
bump 350 shipped OBO
BUMP.....BUMP

OK, what's OBO stand for?
Is that what you got for them?

If so you got a real good buck for them. :D Hmmmm, OBO? :rolleyes:

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
thanks for the bump, OBO stands for or best offer lol idk if your being serious about that or what? lol

LOL.......I wasn't thinking.
$350 or best offer...........Wow

Good Luck,:D

·
Railroad Tycoon
24,021 Posts
I am just trying to be helpful, but $350 is a tad high... I do not see you even being able to get half of that... You do not actually have the locomotive that the box goes with, do you?

That's why I said WOW and Good Luck.
I can see at the most $75 to $100 bucks.
And I think that's pushing it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts