Or maybe on e bay?

Maybe they are going to build a big layout?:p

I guess there is no way to tell if your buying one of them?:confused:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I am always looking for a deal to "steal". :p
I guess someone is going to end up with them?

Time to call in the Pinkertons!:smokin:

·
Hobo for Life
5,953 Posts
Hate to say it , but if I were going to rob a store with a metal gate it wouldn't be a train store as the merchandise would be easier to track. Eaither stupid crooks or an inside job. Much easier to sell electronics, etc.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
just a little info for those that didn't know, English Model RR is the retail store of BOWSER MANUFACTURING of ho and n trains.

this is a major model rr store. well worth a visit if your ever near montoursville/ williamsport, pa.
good guys, and they have it all.:thumbsup:

by the way, bout a month ago, somebody robbed another model rr store in lewisburg, pa.
only about 30 miles away from montoursville. same entry, thru a wall!:rippedhand:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Tell us in plain English

Sorry for the bad pun, but if anyone knows the people at English's, why not ask them to send out an email or post a thread on this site and a couple of the others that people read, about the higher-end items these crooks took? At the very least, train people would remember certain things stolen, and if they see those things cropping up on the Bay or elsewhere, it might lead to an awareness that could get the thieves caught...

·
Registered
7,943 Posts
So, while we're on the topic....anybody wanna buy some Lionel...cheap? Send me your wants.....:D

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder if there is a reward out for the capture of the Train bandits?
They probably hit the other one too. :smokin:

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Sounds like the time some Lionel trains were stolen from the storage place where I worked a few years ago. I was suspect because of my interest in trains and had a train layout that I built in one of the storage units. I was questioned by the cops and detectives for a couple days and then one detective asked me what I thought happened. I told him how the guy had showed me the trains so I knew they were there in the storage unit but that the guy was way behind on his rent so it was likely that his unit was going to get locked and he wouldn't be able to access it.I thought the guy stole his own trains to keep from losing them for not paying the rent. So they checked into the guy and decided that he was lieing about the loss,$24,000 worth, but couldn't prove it. Case closed. Never did find any of the trains.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Probably not. But you know what they say; "If the deal is too good to be true, it's probably stolen!" :cool:
True. But than again ive bought stuff for a "steal", pardon the pun, and it was just someone trying to recoup money from a splurge purchase or fallen on hard times. Ive been there I know the feeling of needing cash and just selling stuff to make money to pay a bill or what not.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts