Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: Is there any way to retrofit Lionel older TMCC locomotives to have Legacy capabilities: updated sounds or utilization of the Lionel sensor track? Thanks in advance for any ideas on this subject.

·
Admin
44,218 Posts
The short answer is no. Currently, there is no way to have the sensor track capability for non-Legacy locomotives. Many of us have repeatedly suggested to the Lionel folks at York and other venues that having some rolling stock with the sensor transmitter would be a great product and hasten the acceptance of the LCS system.

As far as sounds, ERR now has better sounds, based on the RailSounds 5 boards. My own little contribution to enhanced capabilities of TMCC steamers is the Super-Chuffer, which gives you enhanced smoke appearance, Rule-17 lighting, and cab light control, all features found in newer Legacy locomotives.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, thanks for your answer. I look forward to enjoying the Super-Chuffer after you install it in my K-Line Pacific #2488. If I have occasion to visit ERR in Santa Clara, CA again (and the Lionel test lab there), I will inquire about any future availability of Lionel rolling stock with on-board sensor transmitters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts