Model Train Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They don’t want old boards any more. If you are sure which one is bad you can just order it. Early on you had to return a RCMC to get a replacement but no more. At service school they actually made it a point they don’t want anyone repairing to component level as it takes too much time. Its still possible though in some cases.

Pete
You can send in RCMC and get them reprogramed. Did that for my J3a Hudson with five chuffs just last summer.

While I really don't care either way as I have no service stations near me, I hope Lionel has the man power for the increase in work.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Brings home the point that these do fail and what happens when they run out of parts? Mine is off to repair as I type this.

Pete
😱 😱😱😱😱😱

I've never looked but there's no parts diagram for these on Lionel's website? Maybe it's time since these will be considered out of warranty, to release a parts list. Figure they would want this off their hands sooner than later anyway. Some good techs out there that could repair these, a few on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.