Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know where i can get a good variety of HO people doing diff. things. i guess in the white would be good, i can paint em myself.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
eBay!!!!!!!! There's a company in China that sells them in bulk, unpainted on the cheap. Sorry, I don't remember the name. Just make sure to get 1/87th scale.

Bob
Bob
I bought some from them in N gauge. Got a 50 lot.
Good price and not bad quality, painted, fast ship which I think was for free.

The only thing I see wrong is that most of them look like Chinese people.:laugh:

But with N you can hardly see them anyway. I don't know how they look in HO as I never got any.

Theres a couple of different sellers from there. They got the same stuff I think they are all from the same family.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Bob
I bought some from them in N gauge. Got a 50 lot.
Good price and not bad quality, painted, fast ship which I think was for free.

The only thing I see wrong is that most of them look like Chinese people.:laugh:

But with N you can hardly see them anyway. I don't know how they look in HO as I never got any.

Theres a couple of different sellers from there. They got the same stuff I think they are all from the same family.
Sees like they'd be a great fit for a track gang on a western railroad scenario.:)

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Heres one for HO people not a bad price. Don't bid to high as they all ways have more. Plus scroll their list as there are same items buy it now and sometimes cheaper further into the list.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100x-Building-Model-Train-1-100-Scale-Painted-Figure-HO_W0QQitemZ380200177144QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Trains_Railway_Models?hash=item5885b24df8
Not many people with "round" eyes to serve as models hanging out around the Great Wall, big_ed. lol

I bought 600 unpainted figures for $19/300 with free shipping. A mix of standing, sitting, walking, and other various poses.

And, Reckers, isn't that "profiling"? Not PC(politically correct) is it? There were Irishmen working the lines too. Especially east of the Mississippi and into the flatlands.

Just be careful when ordering. There are 1/72 and 1/100 scales available. I guess the 1/100 could be used if you were modeling the filming of "The Wizard of Oz". The 1/72 could be used if modeling a modern pro basketball team.

Bob

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Not many people with "round" eyes to serve as models hanging out around the Great Wall, big_ed. lol

I bought 600 unpainted figures for $19/300 with free shipping. A mix of standing, sitting, walking, and other various poses.

And, Reckers, isn't that "profiling"? Not PC(politically correct) is it? There were Irishmen working the lines too. Especially east of the Mississippi and into the flatlands.
Just be careful when ordering. There are 1/72 and 1/100 scales available. I guess the 1/100 could be used if you were modeling the filming of "The Wizard of Oz". The 1/72 could be used if modeling a modern pro basketball team.

Bob
Bob,

I think "stereotyping" would be the label of choice over profiling; you can stereotype and still be fair and accurate. You'll note my comment was specific to modeling a western track gang. From what I've read, the railroads of California and many of the western states were largely built with chinese labor, so my political correctness is impeccable. I agree with your observation about the Irish in the east, though, along with Germans, Swedes, and so on. New immigrants laid the rails for the trains of earlier immigrants.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,977 Posts
I think the ones I got for my N would make a good martial arts scene.
or fast and furious scene.:laugh:

Bob how do the HO ones you got look like?
I was thinking of picking up some, do they all look like China men?

Can't beat the price, I wish they made some USA types of people.

I got a box of 50 N cars from them too. Not bad for a highway or parking lot scene.

And a good price too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts