Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this for a dollar a while back and dug it out of a box the other day. It's stamped Varney 1954 on the underside. So is it a F-3? I was looking at some pictures online and it didn't seem to look quite the same as some of the locos I was looking at. Maybe just a poor job of modeling, that rear door is pretty poorly done .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought this for a dollar a while back and dug it out of a box the other day. It's stamped Varney 1954 on the underside. So is it a F-3? I was looking at some pictures online and it didn't seem to look quite the same as some of the locos I was looking at. Maybe just a poor job of modeling, that rear door is pretty poorly done .

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,982 Posts
Good deal for a buck, just paint it up.
Here is one for $11 bucks including shipping, $5 bucks asking price.
What do you plan on doing to it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good deal for a buck, just paint it up.
Here is one for $11 bucks including shipping, $5 bucks asking price.
What do you plan on doing to it?
I was going to paint the body flat black and put it on a spare Revell chassie I have and just set it on a siding. But it won't quite fit on the chassie so I guess I don't have a plan now

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,982 Posts
Do you have an engine house?
Just sit it somewhere by it and put a few workers with cutting torches and hammers etc, cutting parts off like they are scrapping it.
If you have the room, it was only a buck. :)

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
As an aside, you are able to include more than one photo per post.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you have an engine house?
Just sit it somewhere by it and put a few workers with cutting torches and hammers etc, cutting parts off like they are scrapping it.
If you have the room, it was only a buck. :)
I might have to borrow that idea...

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,982 Posts
I might have to borrow that idea...
Or if you don't want to cut it up put it on blocks and let the graffiti scoundrels have a go at it. :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
My painting doesn't get into that fine detail... might find someone to help... a combination of these ideas (scrapping a train that has been "tagged") might be an idea too.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,982 Posts
My painting doesn't get into that fine detail... might find someone to help... a combination of these ideas (scrapping a train that has been "tagged") might be an idea too.
They sell graffiti decals, just apply a third to the train, like they are in the process of doing the whole thing.
If you have a crane sitting in the yard, you can have it hoisting the body to place somewhere?
Or else find a frame and put it in service.
For a buck? I still say good deal. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts