Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi GUYZ,
I was listening to the radio while working on a small project in the train room and heard the song done by The Doobie Brothers,and got to wondering how long,timewise, do YUZ GUYZ have a runnin session while operating trains. Mine usually last an hour and have up to 7 different motive power runnin. I do have bursts when friends are over to about two hours long runnin time.
How bout YUZ GUYZ?

Here is the song by the DOOBIE BROTHERS for you listening enjoyment.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Same here. Video not available.

Depending on what I'm doing. If I'm working on a project or working on a engine, I'll have a train running which will last however long it takes to do the project. If I'm just running trains and my wife doesn't want m to do something about two hours.

P

·
0 Posts
Thanks John, working now.

Laz, I would say 1-2 hours for run sessions. Really makes my day to see beautiful passenger trains making their way around the layout. Nice to just start them up and let er-rip. Not a lot to have to think about during train operations, just the enjoyment part of the equation.

You did spark an idea about music in the train room. Dish has Sirius-XM that contains our favorite music channel, Escape, so have to think about adding it to the train room.

Good idea, Laz.

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Well, I can' say I operate them, but I often set up one or more trains and get them running and then let them run for an entire afternoon, say as long as four hours, if I'm in the train-room and working on something else. Other times I will just sit and watch them run, but usually that last less than an hour - and usually I leave them running and go off and start on some project in the trainroom.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I usually operate for a minimum of two hours otherwise I don't think that is enough time really enjoy the trains.

I don't normally have trains running while working on a project, but if something comes up, I usually let them run.

Three to seven hours is my normal session time. It's no wonder I clean locomotive wheels so often.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Anywhere from 20 minutes to 3 hours the shorter times a runs from outside of the layout.On longer sessions I close myself inside the layout grab a stool and play .I usually have two passenger trains running on the upper level loops and two freight trains running on the lower mains while I build a train in my yard with my pennsy A5.

C

·
0 Posts
15 to 90 or so minutes. Sometimes I only have a few minutes but most of the time I run trains for an hour or more. I find running trains relaxing and often more fun than watching TV. Sometimes I will run trains in the afternoon and again at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts