Model Train Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, stepping out of my comfort zone. Did a little digging here and online a local dealer has this set on sale.

Good set for a home office oval??

Kato N 106-0041 CB&Q Silver Streak Zephyr Boxed Starter Set

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's a nice set. I have six Kato passenger trains, some sets and some I pieced together. I have added light kits to the cars, and I am glad this was possible. Today the light kits are LEDs, which have a constant light level.

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,618 Posts
So, stepping out of my comfort zone. Did a little digging here and online a local dealer has this set on sale.

Thanks!!!
Depending on what it costs, Yes, I think you can't start better. :)
How much?

Reactions: CHRlSTIAN

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I have that set and really enjoy being able to run it on the dining room table in my small apartment when I need to get a train fix but don’t want to deal with my o gauge stuff. Like most, if not all, kato products, it’s a simple but high quality set. I also added the lighting kit to the cars in my set and it’s quite easy to do.

·
Registered
246 Posts
$210 isn't bad, especially considering the pleasure you will get. I bought most of my passenger stuff fifteen years ago and probably spent about $150 per set then. I am watching a UP train and a Burlington Northern set go around now. Maybe I am simple minded, but I love watching the lighted cars go by.

·
Registered
587 Posts

Thanks!!!
Good news.............. you can stay comfortable in your zone.

Can't go wrong with Kato - it's quality stuff! (y)

·
Railroad Tycoon
25,618 Posts
Added the Kato light kit #11-212, a little finicky but they look way better!!
Pictures look fine. :p
Show us your oval already!
You been looking for stuff to add?
Buildings, scenery, peoples etc?

Reactions: CHRlSTIAN
1 - 13 of 13 Posts