Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Lionel engine I received as a kid probably 30 years ago. It is a steam engine with a plastic body, the number 8602 silk-screened on the side--I don't see any other serial numbers or part numbers visible). I'll attach a photo in case that helps! (Please excuse my disorderly desk!)

The front wheel assembly has come off (I *think* a screw has come out). I'm not 100% I'm seeing how it should be reassembled.

How would I identify the model number of this engine, and were diagrams ever created for disassembly/reassembly?

Thank you very much, and Happy Holidays to all!

-Brett Burnes

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great Resources!

@gunrunnerjohn

Thank you, that looks like a great resource. This is such a hit with my kids under the Christmas tree I think I'm going to have to make a permanent installation for them (ok, for us) out in the workshop!

-BB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for all your help!

Thank you everybody for all this information and help!

Here's a short video of the old girl going around after lubricating the motor and reattaching the front wheels!

-Brett

·
Yard Master & Research
10,648 Posts
To answer the original question. It is in the Lionel 1-9 supplement. Page 3-39 and 3-40 or page 147 and 148 according to the adobe reader. If you go to the pages they can be printed out. Thedate was 1978 and the engine is an AC two position e unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts