Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Man i have been searching everywhere for an o scale factory building. Only one could find is woodland scenics for 175.00, not wanting to spend that. Any suggestions or places i could find something?
Thank you!

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
There are plenty of factories out there, but built up structures aren’t cheap. Are you looking for a kit? Even those can cost a few bucks for something big like a factory.

Check Menards for built ups at a reasonable price. Also, Ameritown for kits or built ups if you don’t mind some tedious painting. And you can get that Woodland Scenics Door factory for less if you look around.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i am thinking a kit but if i can find a built up for reasonable price.

Perfect! Thank you!

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Hello,
Man i have been searching everywhere for an o scale factory building. Only one could find is woodland scenics for 175.00, not wanting to spend that. Any suggestions or places i could find something?
Thank you!
cbishop;

Have you looked at Design Preservation Models? They make lots of excellent models of brick buildings, including a warehouse and furniture factory in HO and N scales. They may have them in O-scale too. Their structure kits are easy to build and reasonably priced. A lot less than $175.00! scratchbuilding would be another option. The large brick station shown below was made by kitbashing parts from two different DPM kits and scratchbuilding the rest from styrene and Holgate reynolds brick sheet.

Traction Fan

Attachments

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Hello,
Thank you!

cbishop;

I just followed my own suggestion to you and googled "Design Preservation Models in O-scale". Yes, they do have a factory, and a warehouse, about $18.95 ea. Beats paying the bandits at Woodland Scenics $175.00

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
What are you looking for? I have an old (I think) Korber building. It's a built-up kit from years ago. Presents nice on layout. 9"WX11"LX7"T. Just a shell. no lights. It's listed in the 4 sale forum.

20200330_145138.jpg
20200330_145138.jpg

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
What did you click on? I cannot find it when i google it...
cbishop;

I went to google, and just typed in "Design Preservation Models." They showed a menu of models in various scales and I clicked on Design Preservation Models o scale. I then scrolled down through quite a few different building kits and saw one was a factory and another was a warehouse.

Traction Fan

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
cbishop;

I just followed my own suggestion to you and googled "Design Preservation Models in O-scale". Yes, they do have a factory, and a warehouse, about $18.95 ea. Beats paying the bandits at Woodland Scenics $175.00
DPM is a Woodland Scenics brand. It looks like the OP was looking at WS "Built and Ready" structures, which are assembled and detailed at the factory. Those ae always going to be expensive.

Kits can be had for much less.

Reactions: Riggzie

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Hello,
Thank you!
I see on another thread that you are planning ground cover for the factory site. So did you decide on a factory structure?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see on another thread that you are planning ground cover for the factory site. So did you decide on a factory structure?
Yes,
Ill send pictures. I found a kit to assemble and used some misc pieces i had. I also got a 1906 pville factory that im painting and weathering to use. Hopefully all turns out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts