Model Train Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for any information on an uncataloged Lionel boxcar. It is item #636841. It is the MLR Lighted Visitor's Center 15th Anniversary Boxcar. I'm told his was a limited production item, and that it was only offered for sale in the Chesterfield, MI, Visitor's Center when it was open. It's supposed to be the last one made before the Visitor's Center officially closed in early 2008 when Lionel announced it was moving sales operations to New York, and Lionel no longer has the item for sale or in inventory. Does anyone have a photo of the boxcar, any info on it's current value, or know where somebody might still get one? Thanks in advance for any help. Chuck

BTW, nice site y'all have here.

·
Yard Master & Research
10,909 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks so much for your research and your quick reply! It was very helpful.
I did find someone who sent me a pic (attached). A friend has told me these cars are becoming collectibles.

Attachments

·
Yard Master & Research
10,909 Posts
A lot of the 90's cars shows up on ebay. Now through March would be prime to look. I bought the Orange Lionel LION Boxcar last year. How can you go wrong?
Welcome to the forum and hope to hear more from you. Especially O Scale Types like You!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts