Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Just picked this set up, because the price was great and always wanted a steam locomotive. It comes with a lot of different things with it. I believe it to be HO scale.

Well what I was wondering is, if anyone can help me date it, give me a bit more information about it as well?

I have narrowed it down to being a Trix 01 001. It uses the three rail system (I believe that is what it is called?)

PS. Not my pictures, I dont own any sweet slippers like that.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Nice set. I believe you are correct about it being a Br.01. First introduced in 1926 for passenger service.

I didn't know TRIX made AC three-rail. You can find Märklin track that will work just fine with your equipment. TRIX no longer makes AC products and is now owned by Märklin as their DC side of the business.

The Speisewagen date from Era IIIc through Era V depending on who you talk to. I can't make out the blue wagon in the plastic box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nice set. I believe you are correct about it being a Br.01. First introduced in 1926 for passenger service.

I didn't know TRIX made AC three-rail. You can find Märklin track that will work just fine with your equipment. TRIX no longer makes AC products and is now owned by Märklin as their DC side of the business.

The Speisewagen date from Era IIIc through Era V depending on who you talk to. I can't make out the blue wagon in the plastic box.
Dumb question time. On the controller, there is the red button. Looks like a single line and a wave. Would that be to change it from AC to DC or would that be an on/off?

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
I'm gonna guess that's an older way to signify on and off. Having the wrong type of current sent to your rails could be curtains for any equipment on them, so sound design principles would make it unlikely to be that easy to accidentally switch from one to the other. It's not a reverser -- from the markings, that's handled from the rheostat.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I agree with all of that. I don't think any manufacturer would install an unguarded switch that would allow a change from AC to DC on the fly.

It's just the ON/OFF switch in '70's Deutsch. 😁

1 - 6 of 6 Posts