Model Train Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Admin
43,214 Posts
I know what you're looking for, and Lionel doesn't have great pictures on much of it's stuff, not enough detail.

You'll laugh, but frequently you can find good pictures of specific modern Lionel items on eBay, just search on the model number. Leave off the 6- and just search for Lionel xxxxx with xxxxx being the Lionel part number.

·
16,665 Posts
Yup ... I see now what you're hoping for. Me too! But I'm not aware of a site like that ... cross-referenced photos and descriptions of locos, rolling stock, sets, etc.

I wonder if copyright protections for the current ownership/management of Lionel would precude some 3rd party from creating an online compilation of post-1969 Lionel catalogs, sets offered, etc.?

The same is not true (as far as I know) for pre-1969 stuff, as that former version of Lionel is no longer a functioning business entity.

My fuzzy-informed thinking, anyway ...

TJ

·
Registered
544 Posts
On behalf of people new or not long to this great site, or even older guys like me who have been around the block, but not long enough to know the way all around, I thank you for this great series of links, T-Man. Today, you are the man! Smart people will take special note of this page, for now and the future...

·
Registered
2 Posts
What happened to Olsens?

Hi all, I've been lurking here a while absorbing as much info as I can, and just recently purchased a Lionel 1061 steam locomotive in 0-4-0. from what I've read it is a entry level "scout" from 1963 or so, probably not real collectible, but it was cheap enough, and needed a good home. Since I have a newborn son, I'd like to make a shelf layout to run the walls of his room, it should do nicely for that. Now I've been looking for a parts breakdown to get brushes and such for it, and I've read on here that Olsenstoys is the place for the lionel library. However I can not get to their website via any links posted here. Google is no help so far. Are they still operating? If they are not, does anyone here have any advice on where to find a downloadable numbered parts diagram for this engine? Any help would be appreciated. By the way, all the information posted has been great, really awesome for a new guy like me, thank you all very much!!!

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Hi all, I've been lurking here a while absorbing as much info as I can, and just recently purchased a Lionel 1061 steam locomotive in 0-4-0. from what I've read it is a entry level "scout" from 1963 or so, probably not real collectible, but it was cheap enough, and needed a good home. Since I have a newborn son, I'd like to make a shelf layout to run the walls of his room, it should do nicely for that. Now I've been looking for a parts breakdown to get brushes and such for it, and I've read on here that Olsenstoys is the place for the lionel library. However I can not get to their website via any links posted here. Google is no help so far. Are they still operating? If they are not, does anyone here have any advice on where to find a downloadable numbered parts diagram for this engine? Any help would be appreciated. By the way, all the information posted has been great, really awesome for a new guy like me, thank you all very much!!!
After the hurricane blew by their site was messed up for a while.
They come and go, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,314 Posts
Nothing on the 1061, I guess the 1060 is about the same.
He better hurry. :D

·
Yard Master & Research
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
From reading your other posts, own modern Lionel. Those diagrams are in the Lionel Supplements, over 45 of them. They have an index but no search feature. 1-9 is from the MPC era of 1969 to 1980, give or take a few. They are save able and printable too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys
Wonder if anyone can help,in my Greenberg repair and operating Manuel it makes mention of the worm Gear well on a 736,681,671 etc. being filled with lubricant it makes no mention anywhere what to use in the well does anyone know ,I would guess 90 wt gear oil but that is a guess
Thanks
Chuck Singer

·
Paper Shuffler Extraordinaire
1,611 Posts
The best lube there is Lucas "red-n-tacky" grease. A thin film will do. Plain ordinary 10/5w-30/40 works for all other lube needs.

Carl

41 - 60 of 86 Posts