Model Train Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the info,however why did it say the well is filled with lubricant ,or was that info way back then prior to the lubes we have available today
Chuck

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,516 Posts
Thanks for the info,however why did it say the well is filled with lubricant ,or was that info way back then prior to the lubes we have available today
Chuck

Grease is a form of lubricant.
Lube is lube it comes in many different forms.
The lube Lionel used way back then worked OK in the beginning, but as the years go on it got harder then cement causing all kinds of problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks,
So if I understand this correctly they actually filled up that well with grease, makes sense I have seen them with that concrete like substance in the well, it did not make any sense to fill it with something like rear end 90wt,every time it went on its side it would be a mess ,so the best. Thing to do now is grease it up good
Thanks for the answer
Chuck

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,516 Posts

·
Moderator Torpedo Emeritus
3,016 Posts
Big Ed, I just did the same, and the link doesn't work on my end.

I have Loco/Wheel info for Postwar on paper, but need to type it out in Excel, before I upload it.

·
3,016 Posts
GRJ, thanks for fixing the link. The main purpose of creating these list, is so people can find part numbers in one place, without constant searches. Not all dealers have all the parts, and only Olsen's has photos of a lot of their parts. Once you have a correct part number, just check your favorite supplier, and see if they have it. I know there is a post listing the most popular Parts dealers, which is also a bonus. Just like having the info at a few mouse clicks!!

·
3,016 Posts
"O" gauge PDF files combined

I want to get the recent posts about Lionel "O" gauge lists/charts, and associated articles combined into this one post, so that it is all in one place. Hopefully this will make it easier to check for information. Number 2 was the original listing, from an old issue of CTT magazine, that had a couple of mistakes/omissions, which I corrected with updated correct info in #5 of the lists below. Hope it makes it easier to find what you want.

1. View attachment Lionel Prewar Wheels & Axles O27 and O.pdf

2. View attachment Original Lionel Postwar tender.PDF

3. View attachment Prewar Tender Lists.pdf

4. View attachment Postwar car numbering scheme.pdf

5. View attachment Lionel-Postwar-Loco-Tender-Pairings.pdf

6. View attachment Lionel-Prewar-Loco-Tender-Pairings.pdf

·
3,016 Posts
Whistles for Prewar & Postwar information

Quite a few questions arise for information about getting Lionel whistles working properly, and how to wire them, maintain them, etc. Here is a link taken from Olsen Toy Train Parts explaining just about anything you need to know to get them working, and what to do.

http://pictures.olsenstoy.com/searchcd31.htm?itm=1065

You can go to Olsen's website to look at it yourself, or you can just download this link, for your own use. It explains a lot.

·
Registered
65 Posts
here are some manuals on trains that I have collected
first up is Williams and then MTH hope this helps out

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
here are some more the last post would not allow me to put anymore in

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 70's version 8304 engine.
The rear truck has a curved end that slips into a lead looking piece attached to the rear of the motor. I can't seem to locate that piece that will keep the back wheels attached to the engine. Anyone know a number or where to find? It is not on the supplement Lionel document pages for the engine.
Thanks.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts