Model Train Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pretty big set of trains and tracks. All made in Germany LGB. I live in Knoxville, TN. Looking to sell, but do not want to ship, especially to 30 different buyers. This is my first post and do not want to break any rules out there. I have a list of the items in a spreadsheet and pictures of each in document files. Any advice on selling all or most at once? Is there a trade show or dealer or collector out there looking for these? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
In this post are the rules for selling on here:

https://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=232

However, those mostly apply to selling pieces, which does not appear to fit your criteria.

In that case I would suggest looking for train shows in your area, you will have to Google to find out where and when a show will be near you.

Other than a show, advertise in local newspapers, or online. Someone buying the entire collection at once will be rare.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In this post are the rules for selling on here:

https://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=232

However, those mostly apply to selling pieces, which does not appear to fit your criteria.

In that case I would suggest looking for train shows in your area, you will have to Google to find out where and when a show will be near you.

Other than a show, advertise in local newspapers, or online. Someone buying the entire collection at once will be rare.
Thanks - just my luck there was a train show 5 miles from me last month. Guess I will have to wait another year.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Unfriendly toward you, his handler/owner, or cautious and untrusting toward strangers?

I don't want to derail your thread, but I've been raising and training GSD's for 30+ years.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Live in Knoxville. Looked around for close areas. Closet would still be an overnight trip and with a unfriendly GSD (not our fault - rescue dog) travel is kinda hard.
Gotcha. Well, local papers or online (Craigslist, ebay, etc.) sound like your next best options. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfriendly toward you, his handler/owner, or cautious and untrusting toward strangers?

I don't want to derail your thread, but I've been raising and training GSD's for 30+ years.
First owners kept him in the basement - just wanted a good looking dog to bring out. 2nd owners were told he is not friendly to strangers, still adopted him, then someone with a yappy dog walked into their house without knocking - did not end well. Dog was returned to rescue. Then we got him. He is very protective of us and his property - I like that. By the way - I worked with USCS NDD (back when it was USCS in Treasury) for 10 years.

So I have no problem with the dog and if other people do - no problem, just don't come over.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a pretty big set of trains and tracks. All made in Germany LGB. I live in Knoxville, TN. Looking to sell, but do not want to ship, especially to 30 different buyers. This is my first post and do not want to break any rules out there. I have a list of the items in a spreadsheet and pictures of each in document files. Any advice on selling all or most at once? Is there a trade show or dealer or collector out there looking for these? Thanks.
I am not far from you at all. I would like to have a look at what you have. I am not sure the gauge though. I will send you a pm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts