Model Train Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Its a shame. Obviously he should have been far more careful to isolate himself. Just emphsizes how weird this virus is and how wary you have to be - I know people who said it was only about like having a bad flu, and then there are guys like Cain, who get only that one chance and lose out.

Me? I'm hiding here in the house until next July.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Our daughter who lives in Chicago contracted Covid at a Mariano's Grocery Store back in April and went through hell....she runs 5 miles three times a week, doesn't smoke and is really fit....well she had a 103 temp for two days that left her body aching and debilitated , exploded the the blood vessels in her legs, but no cough or loss of taste & smell...pretty scary stuff...she is back up to about 2.5 mile runs but is pretty gassed .....the recovery is very slow...and we count our blessings!!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It's vexing that so many experience such severe effects while others hardly notice.

One thing I've read a couple times now in different places is there's some indication some folks have a certain kind of rough immunity to it.

The theory is that exposure to other coronoviruses such as those associated with colds etc that are possibly related to covid 19 has done this.

For example this blog post talks about that...

And so maybe for some, perhaps many they have a very mild case but while that's good for them... They become unwitting spreaders to others.

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Yes, a lot to figure out. And just knowing what we don't know - figuring out what could be happening that we don't know about - is a step in the right direction. Turning Donald Rumsfeld's "unknown unknowns" into known unknowns is perhaps the most important part of R&D. Once you know what you need to know, its generally straightforward to learn that.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If it trues that some have this kind of semi-immunity, and can be shown which "common cold strains" confer it -- well it may seem crazy but until a vaccine kind of thing, maybe such could be isolated and given as a kind of prophylactic... or at least folks could be tested and given the knowledge, etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts