Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some photos added link here , more to come .
http://www.modeltrainforum.com/album.php?albumid=14

I have Atlas C-424 one undec and one Erie Kato drives . One S-4 new SF black and silver . austrian drive . Two FP-7 SOO Maroon /Gold modern roco drive . .
One PK-2 E-8 Amtrak new , one PK-2 E-8 Undec new.

One athearn undec SD-40-2 newer oct drive shafts .

one SD-40TP SP with screw mounted shells instead of peg mounted. Blue box .

A few old athearn TM in SF blue /yellow and a SP and Pennsy and Mil road all have handrails installed pro like all in box never run .

All Atlas and PK-2 loco's $35 each all Athearn and stewart $25 plus shipping via usps. None are DCC ready

Two Baldwin/EMD rebuilds with 6 axle trucks C$NW KATY 4 axle PK-2 , all built but need further work such as handrails and details and paint one has KATY style shell and one has C$NW style shell like #1500 , one has PK-2 drive KATY and C&NW has kato motor and old style commonwealth trucks by stewart. $50 each

ONe MKT factory painted stewart AS-616 Athearn drive. $35

All loco's only test track run and as new condition , all PK-2 have new Athearn axle gears just in case.

Also, a few PK-2 loco's such as a high hood kit on a GP-30 PK-2 loco with new axle gears undec.

All work professionally done.

Send email at [email protected] or PM for photo's and I will get them up .

Moving and can't take these with , all are in perfect new shape never run .

Also I have close to ten athearn freight cars , box , hoppers and others new in box great for the beginner or for cheap rolling stock $3.50 each . Also some new athearn passenger cars older style SP all new.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What kind of couplers and wheels are on the freight cars?

They are all stock athearn kits , new kits so they have the athearn trucks and horn hook couplers . I assembled most of them but they have never been on the track that's why they are $3.50 each. Two are roundhouse also stock units so there are 10 total . Never did have a layout and I'm selling everything I have . Now that I'm 60 I will never make use of these items hoping someone else can .

Make me an offer .

William

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
They are all stock athearn kits , new kits so they have the athearn trucks and horn hook couplers . I assembled most of them but they have never been on the track that's why they are $3.50 each. Two are roundhouse also stock units so there are 10 total . Never did have a layout and I'm selling everything I have . Now that I'm 60 I will never make use of these items hoping someone else can .

Make me an offer .

William
60? Is that all? One of our old club members got back into the hobby at 74. He died this past fall, at 89, with one of the nicest layouts around.

Never too old to be young again. I'm 56 and still building.

Bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live in a one bedroom apt and went into the loco kitbashing to stay into the HO hobby thinking someday I'd have a layout but this is not going to happen . My eyes are not what they used to be nor are my hands as steady and the prices have gone up so much that it is beyond my means to continue.

I'll just stick with my guitar playing and music and hope there are people out there who need some of the items I have left , Keep a few of my old trainmasters in a case on the wall and be happy with that. They were out of production when I discovered them and I searched High and low to find 6 of them so they hold that meaning mainly because my wife went with me in that quest.

I had many more models of HO loco's that I detailed and airbrushed for C&NW, SOO, CGW and sold them years ago on ebay. I enjoyed most of all kitbashing loco's one could not buy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes , both of them they are the same exact numbers and year both have the new roco motor not the old can motors , same motor as atlas used in their S-2 and S-4 models . Much better motor in these and this is they way they came I have never run then other than to test them and put them back in the boxes.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ok, thanks.

Do you have an account on Ebay? It would be best for me to pay with paypal.
I would be interested to buy them near mid next month..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No I used to have on with paypal but I canceled that a while ago. I can take money orders if that works for you . Sorry I have been away from the computer while the modem was being sent .

William

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ok. I havent ever used money orders before, I know I have personal cheques...

Let me know how much you want to sell the SOO's for..and I'll get back to you when I have saved a lil money.
Colin.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Plus shipping . If you are in Canada I would need to have the address to let you know the cost . I don't know if yoy have to pay royalties there or not . I got something from Canada once and it cost me , but it was a lot larger and heavier than HO loco's .

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Interested in the Atlas C424, undec E-8, Stewart AS16, an this Stewart frame and short hood , kato motor, steweart commonwealth old style power trucks with detail parts . Needs to be finished , handrails , details and paint not included , kit basher dream , long hood not glued in place and it is powered . Railpower long hood from CF-7 kit professional work and perfect fit. Also a couple of the kitbashed units and your NYC F-units.

PM me.

Bob

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes I have all of those units here. Let me know what questions you have and any photo's you need . I assume the NYC F unit's are the train miniature FA and FB black with the cigar band .
There are some photo's on the link I included in the sellers and trade post I posted .

On the Kitbashed loco's all the units are powered and the shells complete . I got into kitbashing certain units and never got around to finishing these so they need the handrails made and some details parts depending on how detailed you want to go . and Paint of course. The Baldwin/EMD re-build shell is done other than gluing down the long hood and the handrails , and grabs and such gluing the long hood down is simple it fits perfect in the walkways and to the back of the cab. I have not made any handrails for it . . There is a unit similar which uses the same frame and stewart shell but has a PK'2 GP-18 long hood and that shell is all glued together and powered by PK-2 alco 4 axle trucks it also needs the handrails and grabs and paint .

William

1 - 20 of 21 Posts