Model Train Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
I think that trying to simulate normalcy for the TV fans is totally understandable and probably a smart move for the owners and stadiums.
Almost inevitable, along with simulated fan noise. Part of baseball!
Of course, it's gonna be weird. Of course, it's gonna creep out some people. Of course, not everyone's gonna like it!
I think ya really gotta be a fan to want a cutout, but seems there's no shortage of takers! 🤣
Anyway, just IMO.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
St. Louis refunded season ticket holders if you wanted your money back.
IF you wanted your money back? No one can go see them, so why wouldn’t they get their money back?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Because then you give up the chance to buy the same seats next year. You get to go to the end of the line.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Most season ticket holders do.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,712 Posts
I think that trying to simulate normalcy for the TV fans is totally understandable and probably a smart move for the owners and stadiums.
Almost inevitable, along with simulated fan noise. Part of baseball!
Of course, it's gonna be weird. Of course, it's gonna creep out some people. Of course, not everyone's gonna like it!
I think ya really gotta be a fan to want a cutout, but seems there's no shortage of takers! 🤣
Anyway, just IMO.
If you pay, you send your picture in, then there is an app where you can record cheers, boos, claps, etc and they will add that in the loudspeakers at the ball park. :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Dr. Anthony Fauci threw out the first pitch for the Nationals. He should stick to infectious diseases... his attempt was about 15 feet short and 30 feet outside.
Not to stir controversy. But did you notice that the 30' wide pitch went extremely to the far left? Dr. Fauci should have stuck to basketball where I heard that he is actually a pretty good player. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Looks like this whole fiasco could be shut down...Miami has a massive outbreak, Cincinnati has an outbreak....how the hell will the NFL handle this mess...YIKES!!

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
They’ll all have to social distance.....be prepared for some very high scoring games! :LOL:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Topps baseball cards does one card only of special MLB events. Dr. Fauci's opening day pitch broke the record for one day sales with over 51,000 orders. :D

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
NBL has too much travel, which exposes the players and teams too much.....so they will never finish the season.....already cancelling games in Florida and elsewhere.....

The NHL has a better chance, locking teams in a bubble and playing in only 2 centres (Toronto and Edmonton).....still risky, but not as much as baseball.....

21 - 40 of 45 Posts