Model Train Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I’m not sure what brand motors Atlas puts in their diesels, but if you can figure that out that’s what I’d use. Particularly the Atlas C424 and MP15s.
If that info cannot be tracked down, then North West Short Line has nice motors, flywheels, and gears for just about everything. Not that it needs new gears but if they are those white nylon gears, just replace them now with brass gears. Also a good time if you wanted to re-gear it for slower/faster speed. NWSL sells motors with & without flywheels, and sell flywheels separately too.
I only suggest the ones Atlas uses above these in that they are literally black helicopter US Government “whisper mode” kinda thing. I guess with a sound decoder that doesn’t matter.

Thread title had me expecting an Express Mail train of 8-12 RPOs. Haven’t seen that modeled in a long long time.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I use cannon dn22 motors in my conversions and they haven’t let me down. After my wallet recovers from the new bli blue goose I’ll be on the hunt for one of those. How good of a puller is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts