Model Train Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got most of the track work done on my N scale layout, and am finally making some progress on the mountain. This is done with wadded up newspaper covered with paper towel strips soaked with plaster paris. Used acyrlic paints, available at Wal-Mart for coloring, and the bushes are from woodland scenics stuff. The back part of the mountain, not yet colored, is the section that can be pulled off to gain access to the track. Not really happy with that, so may be re-working that part of it when I get a better idea. May try to do something with foam for that part of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
looks very good from here. but this is not finished yet, right?

also consider disabling the date imprint on your camera. otherwise you keep ruining every picture you take. if you care about it, exact time (and lots of other info) is recorded inside the image itself anyways.
wonder how do i know it was 09:18 and 25 seconds exactly when you pressed the shutter button, and that you used
KODAK EASYSHARE C613 ZOOM camera? (and much more upon request) ;)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

also consider disabling the date imprint on your camera. otherwise you keep ruining every picture you take. if you care about it, exact time (and lots of other info) is recorded inside the image itself anyways.
wonder how do i know it was 09:18 and 25 seconds exactly when you pressed the shutter button, and that you used
Thanks. No, not finished yet, still work to be done. A lot of this was expierimenting but liked the way it turned out. I will work on getting the date and time stamp shut off. I'm doing good to just push the button and get pic tho.:eek:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
Thanks. No, not finished yet, still work to be done. A lot of this was expierimenting but liked the way it turned out. I will work on getting the date and time stamp shut off. I'm doing good to just push the button and get pic tho.:eek:
Is that a future lake I see? Coming along nice!:thumbsup:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts

Thats to prove that the pictures are new.:D

I would like to know if you don't mind answering.:D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that a future lake I see? Coming along nice!:thumbsup:
Thanks, actually a lake there was the original plan, now it's possibly some day. I've got enough things here to try to get right w/o worring about getting water done right. :D

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
Thanks, actually a lake there was the original plan, now it's possibly some day. I've got enough things here to try to get right w/o worring about getting water done right. :D
Yes I hear you.
But I see one there now? Just not complete?:confused:

Mountain close up 003.jpg

Especially, take care of the date thing!:laugh:

·
16,666 Posts
N to O,

BRAVO! Excellent ... and I mean EXCELLENT looking hillsides. The varying topology and overall slope up from flat-grade is incredibly lifelike, as is your scenery detailing. I wouldn't have thought that the paper towel method would be so convincing, but I just see gold stars now. Well done.

TJ

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
Thats to prove that the pictures are new.:D

I would like to know if you don't mind answering.:D

Bump for Anton,

I would really like to know how you get all that info from a date?:confused:

·
play every day
4,950 Posts
Hi NO, :)

You really captured the feel of Southwestern terrain:):thumbsup:
And if you don't mind a suggestion... I would have made the mountain in the corner higher to justify digging a tunnel through it, especially since it's not blocking the view of any other layout feature. :)

Greg

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi NO, :)

You really captured the feel of Southwestern terrain:):thumbsup:
And if you don't mind a suggestion... I would have made the mountain in the corner higher to justify digging a tunnel through it, especially since it's not blocking the view of any other layout feature. :)

Greg
Thanks Choo Choo, no I don't mind the suggestion. I might just do that, at least on part of it, as I am going to be re-doing the back side anyway. I made a pull off piece to have access to the track, and I'm not happy with it, so will be re-doing that.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,876 Posts
He's borrowing a few tactics from Reck's mind-reading powers! :D

TJ

I guess he doesn't know?:rolleyes:

Hes going to keep it a big secret.:D

That date on a picture bugs the _ _ _ _ out of him all most as much as blurry pictures.:laugh:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts