Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,697 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The masks work. Just ask the people in what used to be called the orient, where populations are huge and dense. They aren't perfect, no, but they do help immensely, as the science strongly suggests.

Here in British Columbia, a health research team announced just today that, after randomly sampling 2000 blood samples across the province, the estimate is that the numbers of people to have been exposed is EIGHT (8) times higher than what had been taken as a closely accurate figure based on hospitalizations and personal accounts. Their conclusion is that this is good news because it means most people will be asymptomatic when they contract the virus, or they will only get mild symptoms. Only those with comorbidities such as dementia, high blood pressure, diabetes, chronic lung disorders, and some others, are likely to do very poorly. And of course, the aged.

Sweden seems to have been very cavalier about this virus, and took almost no steps to protect its most vulnerable citizens. I wonder if that country purposefully abandoned all its elderly in the hopes of reducing their state pensions liabilities. Does that make me cynical? The elderly in Sweden have taken a s...t kicking, and the government shrugs. Probably high fives in the clubs later. Okay, I am cynical.

Back to BC's latest news, that higher figure of exposure suggests to me that it will take years, maybe even a full decade before we have herd immunity. If we get a decent vaccine, great, maybe by 2021 we'll have about 60% of us covered, but there are credible reports saying a vaccine is only going to work for some of us, and for many not terribly effectively. Also, their are reports that a few Italians are being re-infected. This is being found in other locales as well. Small numbers, but worrying numbers suggesting a changing virus or one that can learn.

·
Registered
812 Posts
So let me get this straight,
the mask is to protect the other person. Therefore if one person in a crowd has the virus, and the mask does not protect the one wearing it, then no one in the crowd is protected, PERIOD.. So why is everyone wearing a mask. See how utterly stupid the concept is.
Just think about it. Apply a little logic.
Dan

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
the mask is to protect the other person. Therefore if one person in a crowd has the virus, and the mask does not protect the one wearing it, then no one in the crowd is protected, PERIOD.. So why is everyone wearing a mask. See how utterly stupid the concept is.
Dan
Wow, what twisted logic.....how did you get to live this long......?

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,697 Posts
Fake news.....I have never made that statement here.....I realize you’re trying to laugh your ignorance away, but you can’t.....
Ha Ha Ha .......Ha Ha Ha ...........ha ha ha.........my ignorance? Ha Ha Ha.......ha ha ha all laughed away. Ha Ha ha I hit a nerve I guess.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,697 Posts
Past your bedtime didn't Mama tell you to put your Jamie's on and go to sleep?
Ha Ha Ha I hit a nerve I did ha ha ha

·
Registered
543 Posts
🚧 ~~~~ BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY ~~~~ 🚧

Use logic/science..Political correctness is a moot point..Remain on the rails thru common sense..😷

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
No, not bedtime here......we’re 2 hours earlier than you.....

As for hitting a nerve, well, it’s clear that someone is off their meds.....

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
As Hobo posted he never wrote that. You completely fabricated that in order to avoid answering my question, Who is "He'? You also altered my quote which is also a fabrication. If you are not aware of it a fabrication is a lie. So I ask again, who were you referring to as "He"? If you choose to not answer then stop the HA, HA's and go away.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Those words are paraphrased from those written by others, that the mask is to protect others not the wearer. That is what was posted above.
Dan

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Yeah, therefore, if everyone wears one, then everyone will be protected from each other.....not that hard to understand really.....if you in fact want to understand....

·
Registered
442 Posts
Lively discussions here on the Face Mask issues. My concern on the CV19 issue is the reporting methodity of NEW CV19 INFECTIONS & deaths from CV19. The numbers proclaimed from this reporting system directly affect the Mask Wearing Edicts of Governing Bodies, Businesses, Religious Bodies, School Boards, So on so forth. Having read & watched several News Media reports on Erroneous reporting of Positive CV19 Testing numbers. I have found, of course, that reporting of CV19 deaths can not be padded either way. However the reporting of New CV19 cases can be padded. An example of this brought out in the news reports of each single patient being tested for CV19 and the results were a positive result then all retests of that patient were each counted as a New CV19 infection if all retests were positive. One patient was retested 15 times and each retest was considered a New CV19 case. Compiling & reporting numbers in this fashion does not give an accurate picture of the New CV19 Infections. Inaccurate data probably affects the decisions that the Powers that Be have to make. What worries me is how other health issues will be handled in the future. Are we going to have to Mask Up every time a Flu Bug comes around. Shut society down by Official Decree for the same reasoning? Are we setting a precedence for the future? One more thought here. There may be some politics involved but IMO most all Officials are doing what they think is best for the safety of the public. We may not like it but it has to be done.

My Thoughts and Rants for Today

·
Registered
743 Posts
Dan
Two corrections
-Not the entire crowd is in danger, just those in the near vicinity of the unmasked infected.

-Chances are there are more than one infected in a crowd.

Introduce those two facts and you are actually making a good argument in favor of universal mask wearing and barring non mask wearers from stores and other public spaces.

·
Registered
8,745 Posts
From what I've seen, statistically there is enough evidence that masks do something good in reducing the number and rate of spread. Data seems less clear when you get to asking for details such as Why? and How?

I find the masks uncomfortable and don't like them, but think its a good thing and wear one whenever I am our or any visitor, such as the carpet cleaner who came yesterday, is here.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Exactly. Listening to science and ignoring conspiracy theories, disinformation, and flat-earthers...:D:D (I just had to throw them in there...)

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I'll pass this information along to the chem bio team that the N95/N99 mask is sufficient to protect the wearer from bio chemical agents so long as the agents are dispersed in a cloud liquid form.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.