Model Train Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
We restrict freedoms all the time in the name of pubic safety. You can't drink and drive because you put others at risk. Most states require you to wear a seatbelt. You can't smoke in public places. You must walk your dog on a leash. Now when the risk of contagion is so high and the consequences is deadly, you want to say screw the restrictions? Please.

Stores put up signs that say “no shirt, no shoes, no service so adding a mask is no different.

Did you ever sleep under the covers in bed? A mask is just like that.

What's the legal basis for making people cover their faces?

State and local governments have really quite broad authority, particularly in a public health emergency like this, to issue emergency orders

There are always going to be inconsiderate people who jeopardize the health and welfare of others by not using common sense.

These are the same people who drive recklessly or distracted while doing their makeup, talking on the phone or eating in the car. They are oblivious to those around them and really unconcerned about how their behavior may affect others.

Wearing a mask, washing your hands and not leaving the house when you are not feeling well are simple decisions that you do not need to be a genius to practice on a regular basis.

Yet, for some reason, there are individuals who refuse to do them.

These are practices that may have to become part of our daily routine like wearing seat belts while driving, and in the case of travel, taking your shoes off, undergoing repeated scans, etc.

"The mask is political, has NOTHING to do with health." Sure. That's why they're in use around the world - and have proven to be effective. By contrast around the world ignorant right wing morons are dying - and also killing people - in droves because they refuse to use masks.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Exactly. Listening to science and ignoring conspiracy theories, disinformation, and flat-earthers...:D:D (I just had to throw them in there...)

WHAT!? The earth is flat? When did this happen?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
So let me get this straight,
the mask is to protect the other person. Therefore if one person in a crowd has the virus, and the mask does not protect the one wearing it, then no one in the crowd is protected, PERIOD.. So why is everyone wearing a mask. See how utterly stupid the concept is.
Just think about it. Apply a little logic.
Dan
I see you're having a little trouble following the logic. It happens.

Let's look at this as if we were discussing seat belts. You look at it as 'What's in it for me?" instead of "What's in it for both of us?" The seat belts that OTHERS wear protect YOU from THEM when your car decelerates to 0 mph over 0.3 seconds...as in when it hits another vehicle or something massive and unyielding. Unrestrained items in cars don't come to rest with the vehicle in which they are riding. They'll continue to move, and if you're in their way....

So, the logic you don't appear to follow is that, if everyone wears a mask, we protect EACH OTHER. All it would take is some leadership and a temporary law to make wearing masks mandatory in public access buildings, conveyances, in stores, etc.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,721 Posts
As Hobo posted he never wrote that. You completely fabricated that in order to avoid answering my question, Who is "He'? You also altered my quote which is also a fabrication. If you are not aware of it a fabrication is a lie. So I ask again, who were you referring to as "He"? If you choose to not answer then stop the HA, HA's and go away.
Ha Ha Ha Yes>>>>>>>>> Ha Ha ha I made your word larger in your post in case you couldn't see it. And
Ha Ha Ha it was you just admit it and let it go>>>>>>>>>Ha Ha Ha.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,721 Posts
Fake news.....I have never made that statement here.....I realize you’re trying to laugh your ignorance away, but you can’t.....
Fake news???? So you do agree with "him" on things. :p

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'll pass this information along to the chem bio team that the N95/N99 mask is sufficient to protect the wearer from bio chemical agents so long as the agents are dispersed in a cloud liquid form.
Not sure if serious..
As has been said several times they are not primarily for the protection of the wearer.

They are beneficial in decreasing the amount of droplets dismissed by the wearer.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I thought it only affected my Compac Win95 computer.

·
Registered
7,952 Posts
Fake news???? So you do agree with "him" on things. :p
Didn’t say that either......there’s always been “fake news”......He just popularized the saying as an excuse to finger-point away his many shortcomings.....

·
Registered
784 Posts
I hope we don't get a bad reputation in other forums or discourage newcomers... Sometimes I have trouble just keeping my trap closed when confronted by the Dark Side... But I am going to try harder...:):)

61 - 72 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.