Model Train Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of my favorite structures are the IHC Brownstone Mansions. A lot of detail went into the mold making.
Plant Building Window Property Brickwork

Building Window Plant Fixture Sky

Window Building Plant Sky Fixture

We were recently in Wheeling WV, and there is a whole city block on main street of houses with similar architecture. These folks were lucky enough to have the PRR running in the back yard along the river front.
Sky Plant Building Property Window

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I also like the "Yesterday & Today" series from IHC. The Painted Ladies and Storefront series make up the majority of my downtown.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
I also like the "Yesterday & Today" series from IHC. The Painted Ladies and Storefront series make up the majority of my downtown.

Stumpy;

Your downtown looks great! (y)

Here's my N-scale version. Its my fictional version of a real village; Black River, Washington.
The town scene is on top of the lightweight, lift-out access hatch shown in the last photo. Structures are mostly Design Preservation Models kits+ a couple of "painted ladies." The trees are repainted cheap plastic things from Amazon. The wood retaining wall is scratchbuilt from basswood.

Traction Fan

Attachments

·
Registered
3,375 Posts

I enjoyed seeing those photos again, it's been a while. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts