Model Train Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used a tortise for throwing the points on a Lionel 5121 or o22 manual switches?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Nice photos.

That looks like the Mother of all S curves right there.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nicely detailed scenes and lots of people... it looks great!

While I've had both Lionel 022 switches and Circuitron Tortoise switch machines, I have never used the two together. With some ingenuity, I'm sure you can make it work for your application.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some pictures of the switches above and below the pike, I'm sorry I should have said in the first post, that I have figured it out, I was wondering if anyone else has ever done it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Like all the scenery. It makes the trains, the layout come alive.

But didn't you see the movie "White Men Can't Jump" :laugh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
White men can't jump

Thanks for the compliments, been about a year and a half in the works, it's 7'6" x 10', horseshoe shape, starting on a 37" x 14' addition to right it will have a 5'x4' loop at one end, and I have not seen that movie, never was a movie watcher

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
State names

How did y'all get your state names in the box to the left? I can't seem to find how to do it, thanks, John

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
How did y'all get your state names in the box to the left? I can't seem to find how to do it, thanks, John
The grey banner just below the forum pic of the CP Rail red switcher loco, towards the right is the drop down menu "Quick Links".

Select "Edit Your Details". The top box has location info you can edit along with your screen, name, real name, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
State names

I'm sorry guys but I don't see the red switcher, I tried the drop down menu top right, none of that was there thank you, John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts