Model Train Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Hope you’re doing well and keeping busy with (train) projects. I’m looking for some advice. I’m wiring my Tortoises and am trying to figure out how to draw a map of my layout for my control panel and what the best material to use is. I would like my control panel to show the SPDT switches accurately placed.

I’ve seen YouTube videos but they don’t really explain how to actually draw the layout out. What have you done for your switches and do you have any advice for me?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey all,
Hope you’re doing well and keeping busy with (train) projects. I’m looking for some advice. I’m wiring my Tortoises and am trying to figure out how to draw a map of my layout for my control panel and what the best material to use is. I would like my control panel to show the SPDT switches accurately placed.

I’ve seen YouTube videos but they don’t really explain how to actually draw the layout out. What have you done for your switches and do you have any advice for me?

Thanks!!
This is a small panel I have for one of my small yards.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
This panel is made from plastic (signs can be a cheap source). The rail is made from thick styrene strips glued to the base. It was then all painted the same black color then colored enamel pens used to color the top of the styrene strips. Blocks are toggle switches with a red/green/orange LED and turnouts used pushbuttons and red/green LEDs to designate the position. The layout is 5x9 and has 3 main ovals (you have imagine the endpoints connecting). There is a blue line a yellow line and the red are spurs
The bottom blue line also has a switch that enables that block to be a programming track. The pushbutton turnout control are routes and set the spur and main line turnouts accordingly using DS64's.

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
1/8" Lauan plywood and chart pak tape. This is my son's, he made it when he was 11.
IMG_20170101_203835348.jpg

Reactions: Stumpy
1 - 4 of 4 Posts