Model Train Forum banner

MARX / LIONEL / ADDING SWIVEL SPOTLIGHTS TO ANY CAR / $ 1.00

578 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  ERIE610 
#1 · (Edited)
a really simple expedient but it works. $ 1.00 at dollar tree, lights and battery pack are mounted with foam mounting tabs. with a bit of work this could be applied to ANY rail car, building, tower, etc.

#2 ·
SPOTLIGHT DELIGHT

Great find Ben. That power pack looks very similar to the Menards power pack offered by to run the LEDs & such in their O Scale buildings & accessories. What is the voltage the power pack running. Menards is 4.5 vdc. Looks like provisions for an external supply line. May have to visit my local $ TREE for sure.

LATER

#4 · (Edited)
ALTERNATIVE SOURCE

I went to several Dollar Tree stores in our area. None of the local stores had these spotlight kits available. However good old Menards has a very similar design Spot Light system in their Christmas display area under the Enchanted Forest brand. Currently they are reduced to $2.74 from $4.99. They have a single LED bulb . Std. 3vdc battery holder power pack included. IMO the Menards is a real nice set equaling the $ Tree Store set but has a higher price tag. The Menards set is at their stores or online but inventory is running low because of the markdown. These spot light sets are probably seasonal items. So Get em while they got em.

HOPE THIS HELPS

Attachments

#6 ·
NOT TO BE HAD BUT DID FIND

We went to our local Dollar Tree stores and did not find any spot light sets. If my wife "EAGLE EYES" Theresa could not find them in the store they are not to be found. She is also part Ebenezer Scrooge so the $1 price tag is to her liking. She did find some LED lights for cheap that I will probably adapt to future Toy Train projects. 10 LEDs for a $1 and in various colors to boot. Great deals at $1 TREE. Example shown below

LATER

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.