Model Train Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have just purchased a Marx #4205 "O" gauge, steam set. The set is in good condition except the tender to engine coupler is broken off and is irreparable. I am trying to find the correct tender for this set. If anyone has a spare for sale or can provide any information on where to find one, It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello all, I have just purchased a Marx #4205 "O" gauge, steam set. The set is in good condition except the tender to engine coupler is broken off and is irreparable. I am trying to find the correct tender for this set. If anyone has a spare for sale or can provide any information on where to find one, It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..
Hello, Just a follow up to this post. I actually found a replacement tender on ebay but when I received it, the tender to engine coupler was broken off but was still with the tender. This coupler is held on by a plastic stud through a hole on the end of the metal coupler. The top of the stud is heat pressed to expand it and keep the coupler from coming off. Can anyone recommend a repair procedure for this type of issue? Thanks

·
Yard Master & Research
10,652 Posts
Try the Train Tender and figure out the coupler you need. The part number will be MARX 17 something. There are a few of them. For attachment you can use a small nut and screw or a rivet. I am noy very familiar with the set. A picture or two would generate more interests.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts