Model Train Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Of interest regarding the the first cases. Folks are finding early cases now, going back. I just read a brief report this morning some docs in Paris claim they had a case in December. Now I assume but the report did not say for sure -- that the did tests on samples took from that time, and can now detect virus.

As for locking the thread, nah...

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I think the first case was before that date. Anyone in power would have done the same thing, trying to calm the public from mass hysteria.
I said all along that everyone should have been wearing masks to try to slow down the infection rate as other countries did. It took a long time for this to become reality here as it is now.
Who to blame Trump, yep, sure why not.

Don't blame the CCP who already ruined this countries manufacturing by their cheap sweat shop laborers.
Not to mention dumping products cheaply on the market too.
Blame Trump, yep, why not.

I wonder what all would be saying if someone else was President instead of Trump?

Lets put the blame where it belongs!
Which would be to hold the Chinese Communist Party to account for its initial handling of the outbreak as well as for its self-reported containment of the virus.
It is hard to do but I buy made in America whenever possible.

I think this country and others should hold the CCP responsible for this pandemic and pull manufacturing out of China.
Hit them where it hurts!
Most of their products cheap garbage anyway.
Your saving a buck initially, but in the long run you are tossing and buying more because of their inferior products.
As late as March 5th Trump said "It will all work out." On March 11th he said "the risk to Americans is very, very low." That's not keeping people calm, it's misleading them and giving a false sense of security and allowing them to engage in activity that's counterproductive to containing a deadly virus.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
We have no comprehensive plan. We have some state by state approaches, varies wildly. I look at the Maryland death rates and ICU/acute beds -- we flattened. That's it. We appear to have no know way to go down. I'm looking for some these experimental drugs to show up in the data if they are having a positive effect. So far I have not seen it although to be fair we are still in a lot trials.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I cannot express my true feelings in this place. I will say that, although I am a lifelong conservative and Republican, there is no way that I can support the current administration, due to issues with character, honesty, performance, leadership, divisiveness, logic, coherence, articulation, and other factors which may embarrass our nation in the eyes of the world. That's my opinion. My emotions are suppressed.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
a plan would be good. here's some testing news i just ran into. if you can stop at ____ (chik-fil-a, mcdonalds, starbucks, dunkin, coke machine, ???) and get this, it'd be great!

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
Wow, someone is off their meds :LOL:
Maybe you take your own advise and move on, before you have an aneurism or something.....

Resorting to name-calling is the confirmation that I must have touched a nerve.....many of them, obviously......hooks him right back in, he can't help himself.......;)

Oh, I liked President Reagan.....maybe the last really good one you had......but the rest were ok too.....at least they cared for their country, unlike Mr. What's-in-it-for-me.....

I do wish John would close this....I'd hate to think I caused someone to do harm to himself.......

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think it's good to let people express themselves; it's educational, at least... 😆

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I cannot express my true feelings in this place. I will say that, although I am a lifelong conservative and Republican, there is no way that I can support the current administration, due to issues with character, honesty, performance, leadership, divisiveness, logic, coherence, articulation, and other factors which may embarrass our nation in the eyes of the world. That's my opinion. My emotions are suppressed.
I'm sure there is a lot of buyer's remorse in the country and now Trump is attacking President Bush.

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
That's what desperate people do......point the fingers at everybody but themselves......

You know, if he just said that he screwed up, but will work on fixing all the mistakes, he'd get a lot more support from everyone.....but he won't, because he's never wrong......

That's what happens when you get a reality tv star in the drivers seat......and as we now see, the reality sucks.....

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
That's what desperate people do......point the fingers at everybody but themselves......

You know, if he just said that he screwed up, but will work on fixing all the mistakes, he'd get a lot more support from everyone.....but he won't, because he's never wrong......

That's what happens when you get a reality tv star in the drivers seat......and as we now see, the reality sucks.....
The CDC is the first line of defense for a pandemic in the USA. It is a multi billion dollar government agency with 15 thousands employees. CDC is dedicated to protecting health & promoting quality of life through prevention and control of disease, Its main goal is to protect public health and safety through the control and prevention of disease, injury, and disability in the US and internationally.

They establish they guidelines and protocol for the country. They were also responsible for test kits to be provided for the country. They did not follow their own guidelines and their labs were contaminated and all the test kits were invalid and could not be used.

Apparently 15 thousand high paid employees could not get the job done.

I'm sure we can find someone to blame..........

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
So where does the buck stop......it used to be the presidency.....
It still does if the president is a republican.If the president is a democrat is does not stop....

By the way how is it going up there with your black face (3 times) feminist environmentalist PM. He got a pass on what he did. Same thing with democrats down here that did the same thing.......

·
Registered
7,793 Posts
It still does if the president is a republican.If the president is a democrat is does not stop....

By the way how is it going up there with your black face (3 times) feminist environmentalist PM. He got a pass on what he did. Same thing with democrats down here that did the same thing.......
The buck merely gets passed now.....it doesn't stop there no more..... and try to keep on topic, will you.....we're talking about your turd, not ours..... ;)

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
The buck merely gets passed now.....it doesn't stop there no more..... and try to keep on topic, will you.....we're talking about your turd, not ours..... ;)
The topic changed on the 2nd page when teltale took it political and you followed right behind him. Big Ed is 100% correct about everything he said about you. The topic is mask not politics.

When it comes to the virus Canada is in worse shape that the state of California and they have a bigger population that you do. Try to be constructive for a change. This is going to be a rough ride for the world to survive the economic disaster that China caused.

There is going to be many companies that will go bankrupt with millions of people out of work.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I follow these stats. In some ways it's hard to compare countries. Firstly testing for most is widely considered to be under counted. Another one many people look at is the deaths. Even here some under counting could go on if you aren't going back and trying to capture those that die at home etc. There seems to be other factors which I'll just call "connectedness". Anyway one simple way to compare another country to the US is to scale their stats by population size and look at it that way.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Getting back to masks (again), I ordered two packages of 50 hospital masks each. These are the blue ones, not N95 masks. I purchased them through Amazon a month ago. They have shipped (internally within China), but have not actually left China. They are stuck there. The range of the delivery times were from the middle of this month to early June. I don't know if they will ever show up. And, they really don't prevent the disease from penetrating the surface. Only N95 masks or better will do that.

I just saw how Honeywell has started producing masks, but don't know what they type they are. I thought that the president set some type of law into motion that was supposed to give him the right to instruct or order companies to produce emergency items.

Don't N95 masks, of any type of protective masks count? Why haven't we heard that these are being produced in the USA for everyday people to purchase and use?

I count this as a failure of government. I leave it to the reader to make a judgement as to who would be to blame for this lack of empathy for the rank and file population.

·
Registered
869 Posts
..... and try to keep on topic, will you.....we're talking about your turd, not ours..... ;)
Why would you tell someone to "try to keep on topic" when this thread is about masks? It's obvious that you as well as others have seen it acceptable to hijack it to discuss and criticize Trump so following that same line of highjacking why would you tell someone else not to similarly hijack this "masks" thread to criticize your own country's PM?
To avoid the appearance of hyprocrasy you as well as others who've done similarly might want to start a thread a "President Trump" thread rather than continuing to highjack this one.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I believe masks are being produced at ever increasing rates but that they are being sopped up by government entities (local, state, federal) before they hit the consumer market for the first responders. The ones from china are maybe not meeting local requirements which is why you may be able to get them. I got a box which just happened to be at a local HW store of KN95s but they could be fake- -- that is they do not meet the real KN95 standard which is similar to N95. I have no way to test them. And I have a few others from past work on the old homestead ... most people around here though seem content with cloth based masks. You don't see too many folks with good -- that is N95s -- in the stores. I saw one guy with a WWI style gas mask -- I took that as an attempt at humor. I mean it looked humorous.

121 - 140 of 162 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.