Model Train Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm interested in doing a model railroad meetup here in the state of Montana. One of the ideas is to get together, bring new model train projects everyone has been working on and help each other giving new tips and tricks in person. I've been unsuccessful in finding people in the bitterroot valley that has an interest or passion in model railroading through the old guy style model railroad clubs (not great with the younger generation of model railroaders)... If anyone in montana is down we can work together to find a good meeting area to share our knowledge to each other.

Thanks,
Logan Thurman

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Well, part of the problem with Montana is that you have a lot of space and not a lot of people. Makes it hard to get a group together. And, frankly, this is not the right time to be trying to organize something like that.

Unfortunately, I'm a little too far away to be much help. Hopefully some of our other members are close enough to you.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Well, part of the problem with Montana is that you have a lot of space and not a lot of people.
That's what we love about this part of our nation!! :)

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Yeah, those are the big cities down east....But I was talking about Canada in general....second largest country in the world by area, with only 36 million population.....:p

I'm out west in Alberta....a population of about 4 miilion, but 63 times bigger than Europe in area.....pretty spread out....:D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Wow!, Alberta is 63 times the size of Europe, I never realized that. I once read somewhere something like 90% of Canada's population lives within 100 miles of the US border.

·
Registered
7,456 Posts
Whoops, I somehow got those numbers transposed.....there goes my perfect status.....;)

Anyway only 4 million people in Canada's fourth largest province means lots of open space......love it.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Wasn't saying there is anything wrong with lots of space and not a lot of people. That's why I live where I do, even in the crowded I95 corridor.

But it does make it a lot more challenging to assemble a group of like-minded people...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts