Model Train Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heck of a finish for the Menards Mustang finishing second by about 12 inches.

Bill

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
A fiery ending !:eek:

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
I hope Newman is OK took a hell of a ride!:eek:

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I've been a na$car fan since 1963. I hate and detest the style of racing at Daytona and Talledega. The entire race is dependent on "The Big One" (crash) and how often they occur during any given race. Too many good cars get taken out by someone's greedy move. I'm questioning if and why I'll ever watch another one. :smilie_daumenneg: :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
5,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should make it illegal for bumper pushing. Logano's bumper push started the big one in lap 16.

Bill

·
Registered
4,336 Posts

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
Some bumping is part of racing.
Look at the clash where Denny H pushed/bumped a battered up team mate to the win?

That bump on Newman was not intentional, look at it.
Newman was going for the block, things were hectic and squirrely at that point.

All part of racing.

But I agree.....give me the old days where someone added a trick to their setup to win. Drilling out the carb for more power.
Or Earnhardt "seeing" the air, and blowing by everyone. Side drafting etc.
I know a lot hated him, but man he was a racer! He could have been 4 laps down with 20 to go and there he was at the end fighting for the win, or even getting it.

Drafting? That was learned a long time ago from truck drivers.:)

Now a days everyone has to be so damn equal on the specs it is ridiculous.

Newman is banged up that is for sure, but they say none are life threatening. Beside the hit into the wall, the slam from behind was horrific.
I am waiting to see what the cockpit looks like.
It looks like the Earnhardt bar did it's job somewhat.
Racing is racing.
Bumping is in racing now.
Depends on what kind of bump is being executed, and the intent of it.

As I am a wheel man I love racing no matter what is racing.
With motors that is, some bicycle racing is OK to a point.:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I hope Newman is OK took a hell of a ride!:eek:
He walked out of the hospital with his two little girls this afternoon. Amazing.

He's had a couple of hard crashes and this one was both hard and downright scary. It won't surprise me if he decides to hang it up.

·
Railroad Tycoon
23,404 Posts
He walked out of the hospital with his two little girls this afternoon. Amazing.

He's had a couple of hard crashes and this one was both hard and downright scary. It won't surprise me if he decides to hang it up.
Yes, fake news I guess?

They first said he had serious injury's, but none life threatening.
All he was missing as he walked out was a skip and jump. :p

Goes to show how well they are protected, Huh?

Good to hear he was walking away.
I hate to see anyone get hurt even if I don't like their style of racing.
I was not talking about Newman, he is in my OK list most of the time. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes, fake news I guess?

They first said he had serious injury's, but none life threatening.
All he was missing as he walked out was a skip and jump. :p

Goes to show how well they are protected, Huh?

Good to hear he was walking away.
I hate to see anyone get hurt even if I don't like their style of racing.
I was not talking about Newman, he is in my OK list most of the time. :)
Fake? Maybe.
Something staged is what I think. If fans and media think he went home they might stop inquiring about him.
In the video I saw, it stops before he gets to parking lot. No biggie, but if he is leaving the hospital, why is he in his socks?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I rarely pay attention to Daytona, or to NASCAR generally, but I watched the race on Sunday, and became interested enough to watch Monday after the postponement. I was rooting for the 12 Menards car, just because I am a customer (and not just for train stuff).

I thought this "nudging/pushing stuff" would be illegal, but I don't know the rules. I am glad the driver is OK; that was one spectacular crash.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
I would like to see Dodge back into NASCAR racing.
I think it'd be great if Dodge got back in. But they seem to be doing fine without the expense and headaches.

The old adage said that winning on Sunday sold cars on Monday. There's nothing STOCK about any of those na$car machines these days, and I'd bet that extremely few cars are sold based on whatever brand won. The only thing on those cars from the manufacturer is the basic engine block...everything, including the block, is modified or special-built for racing. Dodge has no real reason to enter back into the fray. Ford, GM and Toyota can claim victories, but there's nothing Ford, GM or Toyota about them. They're all as special built as an Indy car.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts