Model Train Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Menard's is going to offer any more locomotives? I purchased one of the Santa Fe phase 2 test models and am fairly happy with it. The bell and whistle are not great, but the rest of the loco is nice in my opinion. I would like to see a steamer or two offered.

Train Rolling stock Track Railroad car Railway

· Registered
689 Posts
Obviously, we want the next version to be nearly perfect. It may be 2023 when the next batch is complete. We will work on other liveries at that point. As always, road name suggestions are always welcomed!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy

· Registered
6,733 Posts
Obviously, we want the next version to be nearly perfect. It may be 2023 when the next batch is complete. We will work on other liveries at that point. As always, road name suggestions are always welcomed!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy
Thanks for the info Mark. Since Menards is a big time Midwest company a Milwaukee, Minneapolis & St Louis or SOO line seems appropriate.
Bill

· Registered
2 Posts
I recently got back into o scale. I am super excited to see Lionel get some competition for the lionchief line of products. I would love to see Northern Pacific green, Genesee & Wyoming with a page of letter stickers would be AMAZING and fill in every short line in America. Apparnetly they run f units in Australia and its stunning. Wabash. Lehigh valley red. Burlington northern

· Registered
1,537 Posts
I recently got back into o scale. I am super excited to see Lionel get some competition for the lionchief line of products. I would love to see Northern Pacific green, Genesee & Wyoming with a page of letter stickers would be AMAZING and fill in every short line in America. Apparnetly they run f units in Australia and its stunning. Wabash. Lehigh valley red. Burlington northern
Sorry, almost laughable to think any of the road name suggestions will even come out in 2023.

· Registered
197 Posts
I suspect that this experiment was not a resounding success, particularly given the difficulties some folks have reported and the lack of "mass production." It may be that Menard's decided that the return rate was too high, and are looking at new sources, or working with the vendor before moving forward, or have just decided not to proceed with locos. If the experiment was a success one would have expected larger production for last Christmas, but instead only silence. Time will tell.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts