Model Train Forum banner

Menard's Locomotives

3821 Views 59 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  AMCDave
Does anyone know if Menard's is going to offer any more locomotives? I purchased one of the Santa Fe phase 2 test models and am fairly happy with it. The bell and whistle are not great, but the rest of the loco is nice in my opinion. I would like to see a steamer or two offered.

Train Rolling stock Track Railroad car Railway
See less See more
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
IMO I doubt that you will see a steamer any time soon. 50 / 50 chance you will see another F unit for the Holidays.

Bill
Reactions: 1
Yes, Menards Guy said they are coming out with 6 road name Diesels this fall. Maybe as many as 9 road names.
Yes, Menards Guy said they are coming out with 6 road name Diesels this fall. Maybe as many as 9 road names.
I had not heard that from Mark the Menards guy, very interesting. Depending on the advertised price could possibly sell a Maersk boatload of em.

Bill
Obviously, we want the next version to be nearly perfect. It may be 2023 when the next batch is complete. We will work on other liveries at that point. As always, road name suggestions are always welcomed!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy
Reactions: 2
Obviously, we want the next version to be nearly perfect. It may be 2023 when the next batch is complete. We will work on other liveries at that point. As always, road name suggestions are always welcomed!

-Mark the Menards Train Guy
Thanks for the info Mark. Since Menards is a big time Midwest company a Milwaukee, Minneapolis & St Louis or SOO line seems appropriate.
Bill
Waiting for the day Menard's gives us a little glimpse behind the curtain...
After the last Beta tests I am thinking its back to the drawing board. I would think Beta Test #5 will be in the offering after the first of the year.
If you wait for that your beard will be as long and grey as Santa Claus.
Or, they could at least get the scheme they do now correct….swap the chrome and silver paint….
I recently got back into o scale. I am super excited to see Lionel get some competition for the lionchief line of products. I would love to see Northern Pacific green, Genesee & Wyoming with a page of letter stickers would be AMAZING and fill in every short line in America. Apparnetly they run f units in Australia and its stunning. Wabash. Lehigh valley red. Burlington northern
Reactions: 2
Only one Red War Bonnet for sale on E-Bay. So even with the gremlins in the early releases folks are keeping them. Would like to see a Milwaukee for the next releases if Menards is still in the locomotive business.
I recently got back into o scale. I am super excited to see Lionel get some competition for the lionchief line of products. I would love to see Northern Pacific green, Genesee & Wyoming with a page of letter stickers would be AMAZING and fill in every short line in America. Apparnetly they run f units in Australia and its stunning. Wabash. Lehigh valley red. Burlington northern
Sorry, almost laughable to think any of the road name suggestions will even come out in 2023.
It dosen't matter to me what they come out with. After my last expeirence I'm done with Menards engines.
Sorry, almost laughable to think any of the road name suggestions will even come out in 2023.
well thats sad. where do you get that info? par for the course?
I suspect that this experiment was not a resounding success, particularly given the difficulties some folks have reported and the lack of "mass production." It may be that Menard's decided that the return rate was too high, and are looking at new sources, or working with the vendor before moving forward, or have just decided not to proceed with locos. If the experiment was a success one would have expected larger production for last Christmas, but instead only silence. Time will tell.
I was personally a bit surprised that they introduced a locomotive in the first place. I suspect as you say, the experiment may have not been considered a success.
Thur or Fri a non-powered AT&SF was offered and it sold out in about 2 hours.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts