Model Train Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else purchase Menard's building? I enjoy them and tried to make use of their rebate program. After jumping through a number of hoops and waiting several weeks, I receive a piece of mail as the rebate. BUT it can only be used to make instore purchases. Does anyone else get that message?? IT IS A MERCHANDISE CHECK that cannot be used on line....disappointing.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
That's because they want you in the store to buy more items you didn't intend to purchase.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, I realize that....but it is somewhat difficult when we live major distance for a "local" Menards store.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
I've never seen them offer "add-ons". I'm fortunate to have a store where I live, so I do make use of their rebates. I find I often need something or other from them.

·
Registered
878 Posts
"The Menards Rebate Class Action Lawsuit is Childers, et al. v. Menard Inc., Case No. 3:20-cv-00107,
in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin. "
Apparently other deceptive practices occur.
I shouldn't really speak ill of 'em, only ever been in there a few times. Seems like a good shopping place...

·
Registered
831 Posts
I've never seen them offer "add-ons". I'm fortunate to have a store where I live, so I do make use of their rebates. I find I often need something or other from them.
They happen quite often, but only online. I have lots of Menards stores around but I still wait for a freebie-with-19.99-purchase-deal (usually a model power pre built structure) and order online shipped to store. A couple months ago i got a free distribution center.

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Their rebate program never influences me in a purchase. Too much hoop jumping to get it. Yesterday I bought something from menards for around 24.00. Cashier handed me my receipt and I told to keep it. She said youwill need it to get the rebate. I told her the rebate is not worth it. She said it wll get you back 2 to 3 dollars. I toldher by the time I buy a stamp and my time to mail the rebate form it is not worth it. If I spent many hundreds or thousands it might be worth it. I have let many of them expire because I did not mail them in time. I only buy their train items when I get a freebie. Rebate would never move me. I hate to see the 11% rebate, it means no train freebie.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
If it's a decent amount put it up for sale on ebay, BIN at 75% of value, free shipping.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I'm a regular shopper at Menards, I spend at least an hour in their store every week. The rebate makes seance to me. But yes, you can only use it in the store and you have to mail it in.
If I'm a calculating person I'm guessing the redemption rate of the rebate program is under 50% and that's how the accountants work it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a bunch of rebate stubs that were over 5 years old (amazing I found them), and eventually Menards built a store about 15 miles away. They said they are all good still - never expire. Good things come to those who wait???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts