Model Train Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good looking boxcar, googled the RR to learn a little about it. Found out the RR never existed. The Virginian & Ohio was a super, super detailed HO layout. Watched some videos, it was one fantastic looking HO layout, some say the best ever.

Bill

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
That is Al McClelland’s layout, often featured in RMC or Model Railroader magazines. There is a separate book about it. The guy’s work is top notch.

It is really interesting that Menards did a boxcar with that road name. I would love to see it...

Tom

·
Registered
638 Posts
V&O from Menards

The wife bought me this V&O car for my B-day a month ago. Nice blue color & fine detailing. Limited 2019 edition from Menards.

LATER

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I like it. A simple paint scheme with excellent graphics.

Tom

·
Registered
918 Posts
That is a classic HO layout, extremely well done. Interesting that Menards would recognize that fact.

Art

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is an interesting tribute. I wonder if they will ever do John Allen’s “Gorre and Dapheted” railroad...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorre_&_Daphetid

Tom
Happening Now. Please follow the page and enjoy seeing come back to life. Thousands of us were mesmerized by his work through the many articles featuring his work on his last model railroad. Starting in the later 1950's and continuing throughout the 60's and 70's until his death in 1973 and many articles after. He certainly captured my attention. Enjoy; Great Divide Lines

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hmmmm, celebrating an HO-scale railroad with O-gauge rolling stock seems a little odd in a way. Or celebrating any scale with a different sized scale for that matter.

Maybe it's just me. :unsure:
But oh well, I'm still okay with it. Just seems a little odd. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
One can learn a lot about operation by reading that book. I think that it was one of the best ongoing feature stories ever in a magazine! I'm glad the book came out as I lost all of my RMC magazines.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts