Model Train Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as I log in the history pages for most of the forums on this site disappear. In addition to that on at least one forum - Tinplate - will only show 10 or 11 threads on the current page.

If I'm not logged in all the current threads are shown - 40 or so - and all the history pages can be accessed by the numbers in the upper or lower right hand corner.

So, if I'm not logged in I can see all the posts and search but I can't view post pictures or reply.

If I log in I can only view or reply to the limited current page and I can not access or search any of the history pages or posts.

Severely restricts the usefulness of this site!:smilie_daumenneg:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Bob, I just did a test using the Tinplate forum you mentioned. Not logged in I can see 5 pages of history going back to 2015. I logged in and can still see all 5 pages.

I'm not sure what might be going on with your account, but, using this one example, for me it didn't make any difference whether I was logged in or not.

·
Administrator
747 Posts
Hello there,

Can you send me the thread here?
I'll take a look into this.
Note that if you're not logged in, you may not be able to see some content since they are hidden from guests.

Ed

·
Moderator Torpedo Emeritus
3,016 Posts
Bob, I have followed the other thread with Gunrunnerjohn/TJcruiser trying to rectifying your problem. From all appearances, everything points to a problem with your computer. It doesn’t happen to me, on both my PC, iPad or iPhone, with either logged in or off line. Something has drastically changed on your end, for what ever reason. Is there another device that may have, to access the MTF site, or if you could use a friends computer, as temporary access, and see if your problem follows to a different device. I’m kind of grabbing at straws, with what you can do.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
go here: https://www.modeltrainforum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

and check your options for this: Default Thread Age Cut Off
and then select your thread age cut off date.

let me know if that helps. if not, it could be your usergroup.

lee
Taking your suggestion I went to those settings. Default thread age cutoff was set to last two months. I changed it to show all.

Still get the same result. when logged in I only show about 13 current posts (which ironically is about two months worth) but the 5 history pages that were there before logging in are gone along with about 30 current posts that normally show on the tinplate landing page.

Same computer, same operating system and same browser; nothing has changed here.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I fixed it. The link to change the global option 'default thread age cutoff' is overridden by the forum display options box at the bottom of the page. Each forum has its own 'thread display cutoff' and tinplate was still set to 2 months.:eek:

Not something I ever changed cause I didn't know it was there. Must have changed with your upgrade.

Know you know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts